B-Zone Archery Good or Bad?

Cali4x4

How were your opening weekend hunts?
Mine was pretty grim. Not alot of deer (again) plenty of moisture and still some snow on the ground! Did not see any bears either.

I saw 12 deer opening day, a forky and spike the rest does and fawns. I also saw an adult bear opening day and I saw 4 deer the next morning. I saw 4 deer last evening all does and fawns.

Packed in for the opener, but have been scouting for awhile. Numbers are definately down from last year especially on bigger bucks, did see 8 or so legal bucks, but only three were decent with one being a trophy but couldnt get on the bigger ones. Did see one bear and two mountain lines that were out in the open country. Numbers seem to be falling every year now and dont know why. I am sure the cats are not helping. Saw alot more upper end bucks last year.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I haven't made it out yet. I've only heard of one spike/fork taken. Some nice ones spotted.

I will however post a photo. This is the son of a friend of mine. Plus, this was last year, but I got permission. B-1 buck.

2176hillerbuck-002.jpg

I went this past weekend and if you are going high or into the alps archery may be alright. Lower elevation where the forkies and little 3s live is dry and loud for a stalk. I sat a water hole for an hour or so and saw a doe and fawn. All in all was more of a scouting trip. Saw 4 bears and 4 deer. A lot of sign and buck tracks mixed in. Looking forward to oct. I would love to pack into the alps though!!! A lot of steep country!! Glass clear cuts in the morning and walk roads in between you may get a shot. Its thick brushy country. Good luck!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom