B Zone 2014

Cali4x4

Anyone been up in any of the B zones scouting? How dry is it? Deer numbers? Heading up next week for the bow season can't wit to see for myself. Thanks

I was up in Humboldt this last weekend to go Salmon fishing and I saw bucks all over the place. I saw one 5x5 yes a 5x5 costal buck and was he a honker.
it is dry so be careful but there seems to be more bucks than usual. I have a big spike hanging in my yard and two other spikes but there are good bucks to be had. Good luck and the fire up by Willits is big and there are a lot of fire fighters in the base camp. I have never seen so many fire fighters in one place. I guess a stand of giant redwoods is being threatened and they are taking no chances. Rega on the river was last weekend and there were check points all over the place. I did however get two huge salmon one 29 lb and one 26 lb in Eureka and it was a wide open bite. Big fish as well
Good luck on your hunt.

Dude: it's hot dry and nasty.....take extra water and fire suppression gear. We hunted Mendocino and had a fire less than ten miles away......tankers every 45 min. So don't expect it to be much different one county over. .....there are always bucks in the mountains but for us this year don't know if it was the drought but the deer acted different.....seem to stay hold up and not moving around like a normal opening week....hope it is better for you in B zone than it was in A zone.

))))------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom