B&C

nfh

Long Time Member
how come boone and crocektt allow animals form resvertaions get put in the book. i was driving through the wind river canyon here in wyoming and was thinking i remember when that lady shot a 250" buck.

so is it fair chase, some resverations you have to be a member able to hunt the land. so its like a high fence hunt.

does pope and young allow animals from the res.

what do you guys think

If it is fenced it is like a high fence hunt. As far as being a member to hunt it. There are lots of other private or limited entry lands (hunting club leases, etc...) that you may not get to hunt. I don't have a problem with it. It was an impressive deer she shot BTW if it is the one I'm thinking of.

As long as it meets the B&C rules for fair chase why shouldn't it be entered into the B&C book? The book is about respect for the animal isn't it?

very true, when i was driving through the canyon the size of the deer were just crazy..

Reservations animals are free to come and go as they please, definately NOT to be compared to high fence. The reason the animals are so much better on reservations is pure and simple....management.
I guide elk hunts on a reservation that is adjacent to a public land draw area. The majority of the elk stay on the rez yet we only take less than a dozen bulls a year, where the public land offer about 60 tags.....and they take them off the much smaller portion of the herd.
As far as allowing them in record books is no different than a private land animal, just as stated above.
There ya go!!

The animals are not OWNED by anyone during fair chase. The animals ARE OWNED in a high fence hunt.

>The animals are not OWNED by
>anyone during fair chase.
>The animals ARE OWNED in
>a high fence hunt.

good answer.......

They'd be kicking a hell of a lot of animals out of the book if they didn't allow entries from private properties. Thats basically what a res. is.

On a side note, I believe there is an Indian harvested mule deer and an elk that are very high scoring that for some reason B&C does not consider eligible for entry. Maybe someone can dig up the story and pics?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom