B&C Scoring question????

M

MEEW

Can an animal be scored and registered in both the typical and nontypical categories????

no

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

You can certainly go the B&c's website....but I am an OM for B&C and the answer to your question is no. A trophy cannot be entered in both categories. If it were to meet the entry requirement for both it is the trophy owners choice of where to enter it.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

D13er
Can't we just bend the B&C rules a little & enter them twice?
Remember,Darner had Bucks entered in the book

nice post/thanks for sharring

If you had an animal scored and the scorer SAID to score it non-typical and you did, and registered it, but found out later that it could have gone either way and would place higher on the opposite can u have it re-scored as a typical and change it on the B&C list to a typical?????

D13er gave you the right answer. You can choose which list to enter the buck, but it will not be listed twice. Just because the buck is ranked #247 in one category, or #230 in the other category, shouldn't be the driver for your listing decision. (or whatever the ranking may be) Personally, I would make the decision based on the primary characteristics of the rack. Is it mostly non-typical, or is it primarily a great typical

If you want to make a change to the listing, contact Justin Spring at B+C headquarters in Missoula. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it seems unlikely to be worth the effort. Either way, you have alredy honored the animal by listing it in the first place. All the rest seems more to be focused on rank, awards, etc.

Bill
(Official B+C measurer)

Not to be difficult, but this was a friend of mine, and his Bull was ranked 3rd in the world as a non-typical, and IF scored as a typical, which "I" think it should have been, then it probabally would be a world record, that is why "I" ask for him....Personally if it had that much merit behind it, I would be willing to find out....just my 2 cents.....

If the facts are as you say he has gotten advice from about a dozen different official B&C scorers by now...

WOW

441 3/8 is 3rd place non typical bull out of Navajo Co. in 2008

and

428 6/8 in the world record typical out of Grand Co. in 2006.

That person that was your friend sure has a huge bull.

Robb

It was in the Muzzleloader category....Typical was from the wasatch unit in utah and not sure on the Non-typical..

>Am I crazy? I didn't think
>B&C made a distinction for
>muzzleloaders.

Your not crazy

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Mzzy #1 Non-Typical Bull is 430 2/8 out of Catron Co....1998.

Mzzy #1 Typical Bull is 412 7/8 out of Utah Co.....2006.

Your buddy has a great bull for sure as it would score greater than 412 7/8 if entered as a typical mzzy bull harvest???

That is what you are presenting--- correct?

Robb

Scored as a non-typical the bull scored 441 0/8 gross and 416 6/8 B&C non-typical american elk....

no offense...but that doesn't sound possible to me......you do realize that all those nontypical points get deducted from the net main frame score..right??

for example...if that bull had a 400 inch net main frame plus 40 inches of abnormal points for a NT score of 440 it would be a 360 inch typical....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom