B-bop calls elk big time.

rutnbuck

Long Time Member
I and B Bop are scouting for elk on Q-tips hunt! We are scouting doing about 85 down a dirt road!! All of a sudden he slams on his brakes and the air bag on my side goes off. He looks at me like I am some Mangled onion-eyed death-token!! Not concerned he says did you hear that? I said hear what the freaking sound barrier break? NO NO that Elk Bugle. Hell no I didn't hear that my ears are still ringing from when the air bag blew up in my face. He said "come on I can hear it bugling". So we bail out of the truck and hit the ground crawling through the scorpion infested cactus field!
He is blowing his elk call and looks at me and said "here it comes". This is the worst sounding elk I ever heard. He hand signals me to get down and says where the hell is it? All of a sudden this squawking bird lands in a tree next to us about 30 yards away. B-bop looks at me like a Saucy ill nurtured Malt worm. And said I didn't know Condors sounded like Elk. Good thing we didn't have any copper bullets. I told him it wasn't a Condor it was a Turkey Vulture! What do you guys think?

4142dsc02997.jpg

Rutnbuck

You didn't know my PISSCUTTIN Rig would do 85 did you?

That Condor just didn't look right in that type of tree Rut!
Don't tell anybody about the day I scattered your Camera down the Road!
And don't tell them about the next day when I scattered your SWAROS down the Road!
Oh Gawd,never tell them about the Elk Bugle out the Truck Window we seen by a well known Guide!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Hey Slick!
I was in my PISSCUTTIN Rig,what'd you want me to do when a good running Dodge decided to pass me?:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

Rutnbuck, I want you and BBop to be my elk guide when I get a tag.

I'll stay home and you call me when you have him located.:)

Eel

Anything for you Eel. That is cool man. We can locate them pretty fast when we are doing 85. I have it figured out Elk can't out run Bbop. I will even do one better. I will let B-bop pay for your tag. I have to warn you though if Bbop asks you to ride in the back to hold the gear down!! Don't do it. Because when you fall out your Binos get trashed! He still thinks whoa sounds like go faster!
Rutnbuck

Well Rut!

I still feel bad about scattering your bino's down the road!
You did say you wanted a new pair though,right?:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

Hey Eel?

You wanna hunt/ride with us next year?
You'll be more than ready for the stroll through SLC after hunting with us for a week!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-10 AT 03:45PM (MST)[p]Isn't that a sandhill crane in that tree? In BBop's defense, I think they actually do make a sound, that mixed with the right twang from BBop's favorite country star, Taylor Swift, might just be confused for an elk :)

sorry have to edit cuz i caint spell

This is a pic before and after the Camera hit the dirt. The Camera would have never fell out if I didn't have the neck strap on around my neck. I don't remember exactly what happened because my brain is to full of good memories of the hunt.

Before and after the camera hit the dirt.

9195dsc03002.jpg

7492dsc03007.jpg

Rutnbuck

Was that the after effects of sending the Camera down the road?

Or is that Rut with Bull fever when I get you real close to a Bull at 85 MPH?:D

Shutter speed needs to be quicker than my PISSCUTTIN rig there Rut,lol!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

Hey Rut?
You got a pic of the chick at the Steakhouse ?
Or just a Vision?:D

I liked the:"I couldn't help but notice" comment!}>}>}>

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

That is either a yellow bellied sapsucker in the tree or a parakeet. Next time get closer for the photo so I can be sure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom