AZ unit 27 archery

Rut53

After 15 years, I drew the unit 27 archery hunt in Arizona. I'm very excited! I've been studying maps and coming up with a game plan the last couple of months. I'm wondering if there's somebody who knows the unit well that I could share my thoughts with. I know the unit's rugged and will take a lot of work. Im up for it. I just need someone that's had boots on the ground and I could consult with.
Send me a PM please.
Thanks so much!!

So how much did you pay for your tag after 15 years of bonus points?
Do they keep a portion of the application fee in order to accumulate points?

The hunting license is about $150 a year plus a $15 application fee.

So....about $2500.

I was able to draw a unit 9 archery tag a few years ago and I was a fair bit north of 15 points. It was a great hunt and I didn't even hesitate to start building points again.

AZ archery elk hunt is great but it is also a real investment.

I can tell you antler growth is going very well......was there a few days ago scouting around and saw a few bulls already north of 300?. Still two months of growing to do.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Congrats on a great tag! I hunted it years ago, it's worth every penny and more than what you have invested in it..

I hunted this unit in 2013 with a bow. Like all have said a great hunt with lots of bulls. If you have any time to scout drive south on 191 and listen in the evenings. We heard bulls everywhere just by pulling over in areas we thought would have elk. Almost every road that takes you back in has elk in it. When we were there the bulls bugled til 1000am. You don't have to go far into the unit on 191 to see bulls and take off on roads that lead from 191. My suggestion, go 2 days early and drive the roads and listen. You'll be surprised at how many you'll here. Of course this depends on it they are bugling at thast time of the season. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom