AZ unit 10 Archerey

T

twobulls

Well after 13 years i drew a unit 10 archerey elk tag.Just wondering if anybody has any info on the unit were i could start my search or guys that have hunted it in the past any info would be helpful. Being from Oregon scouting before hand is out.
Thanks twobulls

I too drew unit 10...but I am going to scout my butt off..LOL

Good luck

John

I am an Arizona resident and I drew it with five bonus points...believe me, I was as shocked as anyone to draw this tag!

John

I will be interested to hear how you guys do on your hunts , hopefully you will write up a little story .

I'm a non resident with 12 points and have just been doin the point thing , but i have been thinking about using my points for a archery tag in the next couple years .

Congrats on getting the tags .

Twobulls, I've hunted unti 10 on a couple of different occasions. I too drew a tag for unit 10 early archery bull. When you have a moment, send me a PM and let me know what information you are looking for.

Sounds like alot of folks drew this unit this year. Me I got points.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I basically live in that unit year round and I can tell you that you need to scout for cows! Where the bulls summer and grow is NOT where they rut... So many guys I talk to say the same thing... "we scouted a bunch of great bulls here just two weeks ago.. now they are gone!!!" And they are right. Some of these big bulls will go 20-30 miles from summer to rut grounds... Scouting during summer does alot for your video collection and your heart rate but doesn't do much for the hunt. If you know where the cows are you will get to see a bunch of bulls once they show up to gather the cows. The best bulls we had last year got cowed up early last year. Scouting hard for bulls the week before the hunt will be the best bet. And save your pennies for fuel cost! 10 is giant and to cover half the unit will cost you a fortune in fuel!!!

Good luck

Here is my unit 10 08' bullhttp://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/738sdc10052.jpg

try again..

738sdc10052.jpg

Nonet hit it on the head. This is probably one hunt where you can get away with no preseason scouting, things will change a lot when the rut arrives.

Could have done without all of nonets pictures though. That kind of thing is gonna fire a guy up to spend a ton of money in fuel looking, because now he cant wait to start!!

Good luck, post us some pics if you do any good.

www.muleybulloutfitters.com

Yes very nice bull pics those will make for a very long wait till the opener but fun doing research on the unit. thanks for all the input and good luck to those who have a tag

I too drew an archery Unit 10 bull tag. I have been lucky enough to have spent the last 3 years in 10 helping people. Last year I took two coworkers in there and they were both able to fill their tags. They shot two bulls within 2 minutes of each other and within 80yds of each other. What a ton of work that was getting two bulls out at the same time. Hopefully I will fill my tag with a monster. I have a video of a nice big bull from 2 years ago and hopefully he is still there. Good luck to all of you and if you see a dark grey(steel green is the factory name)2011 Chevy 2500HD, stop by and say hello.

Dbllung,

You better kill a big ol stinky one. Not taken a week off to go up and pack out a pisscutter for ya!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom