AZ Antelope...with pictures

R

RockyMtnOyster

So after putting in for rifle antelope here in AZ for many years and never getting drawn, I think I had around 13 bonus points, I decided to go archery antelope with better draw odds. I pulled my first choice, tag# 00003. Here are some scouting pictures, some are taken by a good buddy of mine, others taken by myself. I am not proficient at scoring yet, so wanted to get some of you expert armchair scorers to help out.

First Buck Front view, good height, tough angle though

DSC02547.jpg

From back, i think he's the best of the four....

DSC02549.jpg

Second Buck, another tall buck, hard to tell, he was pretty far off...

DSC02555.jpg

Third Buck, decent mass, excellent prongs...

DSC02569.jpg

Fourth Buck, little too far to tell on this guy...

IMG]http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k402/dtnichol/IMG_2711.jpg[/IMG]

Any shooters??

I can't wait to go chase these guys around!!

RockyMtnOyster

1st buck is a shooter if that the best you can find in the area.

the 3rd buck has great potential but is only 12 - 13 in tall, needs a few more years to mature

I'd say for an archery tag where you'll primarily be hunting spot-n-stalk any of these bucks are shooters! Especially for your first lope. I know the area doesn't hold a whole lot of antelope & water sources will most likely have other hunters on them. Rocky sent you a pm....

Rock, Congrats on your tag !I'm not an ''expert '' but I've killed a bunch of 'em so I'll give it a try. the first one is definitely the best. He's maybe 15'' with nice mass especially above the cutters. doesn't really curl much and the cutters don't appear to be that long but I'd say high 70's. hard to tell on #2 - tall but spindly - mid 70's. #3 as you said nice mass and cutters but short - low 70's. #4 is about 2 years away from being what you are probably looking for. But hey, any Antelope with a bow is a trophy. Enjoy yourself and Good luck !! C.C.

I like number three. Length is not all that important for me. I like his prongs alot, and would definitely shoot all four bucks given the opportunity with a bow. Best of luck this season.

Thanks for the comments guys. If a decent shot presents itself, I will most likely take it with any of these except for the last one. I might wait on him until later on in the season.

Here's another buck, he has a very interesting face pattern, almost like he's a different breed of lope?? Same general area as the others though....

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k402/dtnichol/DSC02580.jpg[/IMG]

RockyMtnOyster

Hmmmm...... 3A tag looks like to me. I'm sure Tony will find bigger bucks once the rut starts. I have hunted it a few times and they are there.

I must have scouted the same area. I saw a few good bucks including what I think is your picture of that big prong buck. Opening day I was lucky enough to harvest what might be that same big prong buck.

Very nice goats! They all would be great to harvest with a bow. But as mentioned about the first goat looks the best IMO. Good luck to you!

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom