Az antelope tag

G

gohunting

I was lucky to draw a Antelope tage! Optics is not an issue, I think hunting goats is a spot and stock method? My question, does a hunter cover a ton of land looking for a resonable buck or stay in a good area and wait differnet bucks? There is 50 plus tages in the unit. I beleive the rut starts the end of August and September. Are Antelope out all day long, or do the bed up?

Way to go on drawing a "Coveted" Az "LOPES" tag.Got to cover alot of Land to find that GOOD BUCK,but once found,usually won't go far unless Pressured.With the Sept 8th Opener,the RUT could still be near,or just past ???They Bed Up during the Mid Day and rest and digest their Foods.Good Luck ---

Antelope rut all through september. Finding antelope is not a problem, finding a big one to pull the trigger on may take some time and patience. most people drive to locate goats, glass from the truck, get out to take a closer look at bucks worthy of another look and put a stalk on those that are shooters. antelope seem to be up most of the time and bed occasionally during the day although a rutting buck doesnt seem to ever rest.
Really antelope hunting is "easy" compared to deer, elk. What is your benchmark buck?
Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom