AZ antelope hunt

H

hesbinrubn

Well this is my first post. I know a few people on here and thought it was about time to make a post here and there. I was lucky enough to draw my second antelope tag in Arizona. My father and I drew tags together, this tag being his first. I had very limited time to scout because of work and school non stop. My biggest wish was to see my Dad get one. On the 2nd day of the hunt by 11 o'clock we were already busted twice by the same herd. After a hike 2 miles we were within range of a different herd and the biggest buck of the trip. Unfortunately a missed shot by my Dad spooked the herd. To make this awesome hunt short and sweet the next day put a couple more stalks on with no success. That afternoon the does were ripe and a herd buck was ruttin hard. Seeing the buck mount different does numerous times and chasing the herd like crazy. A long stalk and almost 2 hours later my Dad connected at 215 yards and dropped the buck in his tracks. He is a very unique buck who curls completely forward on his right horn. The next morning it was my turn and found a herd with a buck in it and it was gametime. One attempt to get in front of the herd wasn't happenin. A long walk back to the truck and a little bit of driving put us back on them. About a mile hike later, myself and my good friends dad, Don and I were belly crawling and within range. The herd was bedded and at roughly 100 to 150 yards. We both stood up and the buck was bedded, a minute later he rose and walked broadside and i took the shot. He was hit good and went about 50 yards and fell. Fourtunately I have been able to have opportunities to hunt big game quite often. thanks to everyone who provided me with info and thanks Don and Brian who helped on the hunt. The first few pics are my dads buck the next 3 are mine from this year and the mounted buck is my first buck. Thanks hope to make more posts in the future.

4795dscn1196.jpg

6598dscn1189.jpg

308dscn1222.jpg

1744dscn1218.jpg

1709rscn1228.jpg

2298dscn1234.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom