AY+TV Trailer recommedation

tracker12

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-05-11 AT 06:21PM (MST)[p]I am in need of a new ATV trailer. Looking for something that will comfortably carry two atvs with room for a cooler or two. Definitely looking for a sideloader. Thoughts?

No idea how the subject came out AY+TV. Sure looks dumb.

i just bought a used Voyeger 8x10 side load, love it. It holds both my Arctic Cat and Polaris very easily with room for coolers, spare tire, etc etc. Definitly get a side load, mine also will load from the back if needed. Try to find a used one and you will save close to 50%, lots of people wanting to get rid of them right now. I put a box on the front to store tie-downs, tools, etc.

You ever considered an ATV bed rack? I have both a trailer and the bed rack and NOT towing a trailer is the better way in my opinion. I don't know what your needs are though.
My ATV trailer is a home-made unit. The bed rack is a Monster Hauler. My dad sells the bed racks, but that's not why I'm fond of them. It's just nice not having to tow a trailer....no flat trailer tire worries, no trailer lights issues, easy to turn around, can still tow a camp trailer too, etc.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Built my own from a smallish car trailer. There are lots of them around.

Made ramps for both sides, so it can side load anything. Room for a jeep, or 4 quads, or an aluminum boat, bbq, fire pit, firewood.....4 cords....whatever. Had 18 sheep on it once.....no, I did NOT contract the entertainment for a party in Laramie!

You are either comfortable towing a trailer or not. I am, so a trailer exclusively for quads, boat, wood ......etc, is silly.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Last Year I purchased a Big Bubba side load with slanted rails I belive it is a 12' model, they dont show that length on there website but have it. It is one sweet trailer very well built and holds my two Yamaha Grizzley 660's with room to spare. It comes with the loading ramps and tows like a dream. It also has the full size tires and not those dinky little ones. It is also single axle and under Utah's weight restriction so it does not need to be licensed here, not sure where you are from though.

I bought it at the trailer dealer in American Fork UT right off I-15 and paid about 1400 with a spare tire, well worth the money for a great trailer.

I looked at a lot of trailers before buying this one, and none of them were even close to as well built.

LAST EDITED ON May-06-11 AT 01:53PM (MST)[p]Check out Echo Trailers, they are based in Ogden, UT, but they have dealers all over. You can find them on the web.

I have a 3 place trailer and it is awesome, you can load from side or back, has full-size spare (and like the above poster said, you don't have to register it in Utah). It holds ATV's in there so well, I don't even tie the wheelers down (they have never budged an inch).

Grizzly

RE: AY TV Trailer recommedation

I got the Echo 3 place 14 foot unit. It will fit two ATV's and a motorcycle. Plus I have a BIG box in the bed that carries all my riding gear. The added bonus is I use it to carry my fishing pontoons. I carry my motor, battery, and all my fishing gear in the box all the time. Right now I have both of my pontoons on it but for this picture I just have the one. The best thing about this trailer is it is light enough that for my fishing setup It costs almost nothing to pull it for gas. It has bearing buddies that I can grease the hubs without taking the wheel off. I like this trailer. Sorry I don't have a pic of it with the bikes. Ron

PontoonTrailer3.jpg

PontoonTrailer2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-06-11 AT 07:40PM (MST)[p]Best $900.00 I ever spent! Found the trailer on KSL.com for $800.00 and spent another $100.00 on the diamond plate aluminum. It's an 8x14' Diablo made in SLC.

trailer2.jpg

trailer1.jpg

I like the look of the Echo's. I wish the made a 12' one that would hold 2 atv's with room for a little storgae. How is the ground clearance on them.

The ground clearance is very good on them.
My 14 foot weighs only 850 pounds, it does pull very nice. Ron

Driving on I-15 one day I saw an ATV setup I've never seen before. On the back of their 19 ft camp trailer they had a side by side trailer with 2 atvs on it. It looked like it bolted onto the trailers frame somehow and it had a single axle with full size tires. It must have been commercially made cause it had a name, phone # and website on it. But neither me or my buddy could remember either one the next day. It looked like it might be a good setup to at least look at further but I can't remember its' name.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Paiute Trailers in Salina builds a great trailer, especially for the price. I have a 5'x14' trailer that fits 2 atv's perfectly. front to back, it's long and skinny, which is probably why it tows so well. I pull it behind my 30' 5th wheel and don't even know it's there

My big bubbas is a 14' build your own, which meant you do the deck. Not a side loader, but a rear loader in which the tail gate is a ramp. Well built, good trailer. 12th street in Ogden

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom