AWESOME! Goat mount done

predator

Very Active Member
My mountain goat mount is done, and I must say that it turned out AWESOME!

What do you all think of him?

42a4963450c13f15.jpg

42a4969c516925b9.jpg

Not only an awesome mount, but sweet length as well. What does that bad boy score? congrats.

Did you post a story on this hunt and I missed it? I would love to see a link to the story if that is the case. thanks....

Hey there, cutie. Did you talk him into a discount for letting him take it up to Logan? :) It really looked good in the booth pictures I saw. I got all my African capes back, so it is time to get busy and start mounting. Springbok comes first. David is over there the right now and for the next 10 days, whacking them as we speak!!!!!!!!

THAT MAKES A BEAUTIFUL MOUNT FOR SURE. AS I RECALL THAT GOAT WAS ONE OF YOUR FIRST ANIMALS TAKEN WITH YOUR 300 WSM-- COULD BE WRONG. GREAT GOAT, YD.

Thanks, everyone. I'm impressed with you all remembering this hunt. Yukon is correct, it was the first animal taken with my 300 short. This was in Montana 2003, and the horn length (on the unbroken one) was 9 5/8". Had he not broken the second, he may have squeeked into the book. Nontheless, he's definitely the top ranked in my book as far as difficult and breathtaking hunts I've ever had privilege in which to partake. I think the taxidermist did a fine job of reconstructing the horn, I'd forgotten how impressive he was.......just before he started that long nasty roll into the rocks. :) I hope to see the story soon in a magazine, it's really a credit to one hell of a guide and friend.

Blank, at least my taxidermy bill is nearly paid off and is probably only 1/16 of yours. ;0 And had I known he was going to Logan, I would have gone along!

looks good, are you keeping him at your home or letting him be displayed somewhere else.

predator....that is a very impressive looking mount....congratulations....i'm sure you think of the hunt every time you look at it....

Ms. P:

W-A-Y COOL! That's one AWESOME mount --- now about that wall space at home (LOL) ...

Lv2hnt

Great goat and a beautiful mount. I really like that pose. Can you ask your taxidermist where he ordered the form from?

Awesome mount....exactly how I would've done it. Congrats on the hunt as well.

Which unit? It looks like a late October hide. What day was it taken? How old? That is truly a beauty!

Zigga, I am sworn to secrecy on the unit, but I'll say that it was Southern MT. Good judge on the hide, he was indeed taken in late October on the 19th. MTFP aged him at 7 1/2 years.

Anyone know how old goats get, anyway?

LV2- I have no idea where I'm going to put him. I think I need a new house!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-05 AT 03:38PM (MST)[p]
Nice goat - good coat on him.

Reviewing the record book from BC and horn lengths - from the photo on the thickness -- I would say the score to sit around 48.5 and squeak perhaps into low 49 and a bit.

Mtn Goats live to an avergae age of 12 yrs in the wild.

(grin - there no such thing as real secrets these days!!!)

BC, you are pretty good my friend. We figured him about 49 ourselves!

Can you tell from the pics what a freakin' horse head he has? We were stunned, let me tell ya when we saw how big his ole noggin' was...

Beautiful goat! You make a girl hunter proud! They did a great job on the mount! cograts!Sharlin

Ramslam- The form is by Mckenzie. He said it was a full-body form that he cut off. The half-body was too short.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom