Awesome Bear Carging Video

B

Bigmike2

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-10 AT 03:08AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-10 AT 03:08?AM (MST)

I bet that scared the hell out of him.
The guy with the pistol sure was fast on the draw!

"My sickle has a boattail"
"hidden soles leave .308 holes"

Do you think the shooter was aiming for the water or the bear? It would be hard to be accurate in that situation. Either way they got lucky.

He said he was shooting into the water to turn the bear and I believe him.

The shooter/guide is Braun Kopsack and I was fortunate enough to have hunted sheep with him. Braun is an animal, great guide/hunter and all around good guy.

That wolf kill photo with the snowmobiles that pops up now and then and says it was the first wolf kill in WY?Braun guided that wolf hunt as well.

That was on the outdoor channel last year. I think it looked scarier when it was on tv. Maybe a better angle or smoething . You couldn't really hear the gun shot very well on the computer.
I thought he was going to shoot a hole in that raft.

If that ever happens to me, I'm going to grab one of the cubs to hold hostage until the sow backs off.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

>If that ever happens to me,
>I'm going to grab one
>of the cubs to hold
>hostage until the sow backs
>off.
>
>Eel

That's a geat idea Treadwell!!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Figure I can run, swim, fly, etc faster than my partners, why worry????

Seriously, I'm applying for WY tonight and bears are the big concern......for my partners. :)

Probably been asked before but what would you rather have in a "Bear Charge" situation, bear spray or a handgun???

Survival would probably weigh towards the spray but knowing the SOB that got you has some holes in em has a sense of satisfaction too.

I saw this episode when it aired on TV.....I don't see why they were surprised that this happened....this seems like a VERY bad idea to me....it did before they even saw a bear. 3 guys in a small raft on a small river in bear country....big red flag I say. They were lucky to get out alive.

Looks like a lot of fun to me. Except for the almost getting killed by an angry mama brownie.

Lots of things are potentially very bad ideas...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom