Austin Plane Crash

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-10 AT 01:11PM (MST)[p]First - just to answer the quesiton you all have been really worried about - YES I am OK - was about 5 miles away from it when it happened. Did drive down the highway where it happened and saw the smoke - then heard about it on the radio. It appears the guy was mad at the IRS - burned his house down first, took a plane and flew it right into the IRS offices in Austin. Here is a pic taken by a friend of mine who is a reporter for a local radio station and who is live on scene:

163619173_102188829814171_100000691638092_55856_1389260_n.jpg

Here is a link to a local station that has some of the best coverage:

http://www.kxan.com/

Weird crazy mixed-up world we live in!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

They have been reading his suicide note on the radio this morning, all 16 minutes worth. Mad this dude was messed up.
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Yes he certainly was - and after reading some of the Political Fourm - doesn't he sound familar???? I would laugh but it ain't that funny right now.

UTROY

Nahhh - I wouldn't worry about it - Zigga didn't and look at where it got him!

UTROY

Bad deal all the way around!! Can you imagine the regulations on personal aircraft to come? The upside to the deal is the casualty numbers are low.

Good to know that YOU are OK Roy - I was sure worried about that when I heard of it. In fact any time I hear Austin, Texas - YOU pop in to my head and I wonder how YOU are doing. Ummm, Yeah.

As soon as I heard "Austin, Texas" I thought of you Roy!

It flashed through my mind, "Oh oh.......PTSD has finally caught up with Roy". Every Unit 666 turtle hunter goes through it.

Glad to hear you're still with us Roy!

J/K That's a tragic event. The world is getting crazier every day.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

this will be another nail in the coffin of private aviation....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Hell Roy Thanks for the update. I never did hear the whole story. Yeah I am glad your ok. I didn't know you lived in Alabama.

Rutnbuck

Way to go Rut - a day late and a dollar short like always!

UTROY

GUN OWNERS SHOULD BE GLAD THIS WACKO USED A PLANE INSTEAD OF A FEW SHOTGUNS AND PISTOLS!..........
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Roy,

I was in Austin yesterday morning and drove past the building about an hour after it happened. I can't imagine how only two folks had to go to the hospital. That was surely a big blast. As was said I'm glad he didn't use a gun. Feel sorry for the businesses in that building.

Phantom Hunter

Yeah PH - I came down MOPAC like 5 minutes after it happened. The black smoke was thick and super intense. You must have been coming down 183 - bet that was a traffic nightmare. Only two people dead is a big miracle. Guy was a definite nut case, it looks like the night before he and his wife got into a big fight at their home - so bad that she had to take their 12 yr. old daughter and herself to a hotel for the night. They came back the next morning and that was when torched his own house. Luckily, they got out safe but he had already snapped, took the plane and boom. That's what obsessing over something for so long will do to you.

UTROY

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-10 AT 10:16AM (MST)[p]Roy,

Yes, I was on 183 headed north out of town. When I dropped off the things I was taking to HQ, I heard about a plane hitting a building. But, no one there knew where. I headed north to start toward Abilene and drove right into the crowd of gawkers. Quite a sight.

Phantom Hunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom