Aug. 31 ram

D

DougW

Well it's over guys, toughest hunt of my life, but also the most worthwhile. Lots of bad luck over 4 days, but then just a few minutes of good...that's all it takes.

Doug

4aa174544b875028.jpg

Colorado....the San Juans.

Thx Zigga....we were really having our doubts towards the end of day 3, with only 3 sheep total sighted at that point. Then at lunchtime on day 4, I see this one bedded in a MEADOW at medium-to-low elevation with his buddy, at the top of a chute. I was approaching from above; they were not visible from across the chute nor from below. Surrounded by timber on 3 sides.

That final couple of hours was more like hunting deer than sheep.

Whew!!!!

Congrats on the ram! Those areas without a lot of sheep can really wear on a guy's mind. Thanks for sharing!

What unit in the san Juans there are a couple congrats on the Ram maybe one of these Years I'll draw out.

7mm wsm 600yrd. and closer checkmate

congrats on the ram. never been in the San Juan's, but they look like a formidable range from the valley

Keep trying on that tag Tdiesel...this was unit s15 and it was a tough hunt, but one that will pay off with hard scouting and busting your ass once the hunt starts.

ya I have been putting in for S31 just seems like they keep sayin no. My dad killed one a couple years ago up there. nice sheep I was curious what area cause your photo looks very similar to the area up there. once again congrats.

7mm wsm 600yrd. and closer checkmate

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom