ATV'ers Beware

justr_86

Long Time Member
The ticket for offroad travel even to retrieve game on blm land is a minimum of $798! I didn't get the ticket but a close friend did. I can't find anything about the law anywhere. Talking to him and a few other people the law seems very vague. The law says existing road, what makes an existing road? 2 tracks, or a new road someone made that year and didn't get caught? Some officers I have talked to are not familiar with it either. He plans on fighting it, but we will see. Think twice before you head offroad.
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

BLM and FS maps are pretty cheap. If the road is on the map its 'existing' if not. Get ready to bend over.

gaying thing i ever heard of.. go a head set by will some pencil pusher makes laws for you to fish and hunt by. F THIS B S.

>Thats tragic, I'm sure Bess will
>shed a tear. LOL>

The fine would be a little cheaper than what BE-BOP-BESSY would do

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

Ya, this law has been around for a few years... I LOVE it ! ! ! It has helped the area I hunt a TON... If a guy can't ride a 4 wheeler, they ain't gonna hunt there... And that means more wildlife for me... If you can't pack it out, don't shoot it... :)
CSO

It's all about the good times...

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-10 AT 03:44PM (MST)[p]It's only a vague law if you are trying to find an excuse for not obeying it.

Life is like riding bulls. You're never truly ready ..... it just gets to be your turn.

This SSHIT always amazes me!
Several years ago I mentioned the "HIGH COUNTRY TUNE-UP"
I got jumped by nearly every MM'er at the time!(Except the few that know WTH is going on in life)

Seems a few more SPORTSMEN are pulling their heads out of their asses the last few years & can finally see what ASSSHOLES are doing to our public ground with their ILEGAL ATV'S!

Just as I mentioned several years back,I figured the USFS & BLM will do something about the problem but only after the damage has been done!

Well justr,kinda know how you feel,had a friend a few years ago get a HIGH COUNTRY TUNE-UP (Yup,a bullet to the guts/piston)
No,I didn't do the TUNE-UP but somebody on the SouthSlope did!

For some reason,TARDS think it's their God given right to Blaze new ILEGAL trails on their QueerQuads and tear Public Ground all to pieces,they don't even look into the Future as far as tomorrow!

Anybody can stop by the BLM & USFS & get FREE maps,that's where that round thang atop your shoulders comes in handy,use it for what it was made for,not ripping Public Ground to pieces!

OK,I just shed a tear for the law breakin Bastards on ATV's!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-10 AT 04:28PM (MST)[p]Drive your ATV on public land off of roads and prepare to get it confiscated is how I feel about it.

If I read correctly you stated that if someone makes a road with an ATV and you use it then it may be considered a road????????

WTH, who needs a Dept of Transportation. We will just get some retards with ATVs to create new roads for us.

Of the last 20 animals I have been involved with killing (friends or family or myself) all but a couple came out on our backs.
My 12 year old son just killed a bull a couple weeks ago and we boned it out and humped it out 2 miles and over a mountain. With help it was 2 trips. He weighs less than a hundred lbs and was carrying almost 40lbs each trip.

I own 2 quads and they rarely go hunting with me. If the truck cannot go there legally then hike it.

If you cant buck up and do what needs to be done do not pull the GD trigger. Some people should only be road hunters for that reason. They cannot use a knife, and they are perplexed looking at a dead elk. If they do not have someone to help them they are helpless. They better stick to guided hunts or road hunting or go with someone that can show them the right way.

Hey NMPaul!

Glad to hear you're teaching your kids the Right/Ethical ways of Life!
Sure wished we had more people like you around!

Nice Job to your Son also on the Elk!

If NMPauls 12 year old son can legally retrieve an Elk out of the woods, WTH is wrong with all the Lowlife TARDS of this State?

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

+ 1,000,000 BBOP & NMP

This years count for me is three 4 wheelers and one truck that I have turned into the Forest Service for not staying on the damn road or driving around the no motorized vehicles sign (that I have to keep replacing!!!) and they have all been cited. I'm sure that count will triple once the rifle deer season starts and the mountains get flooded with orange.

-KILLSHOT Productions Guides & Outfitters-

LOL WOW its a good thing I wasn't looking for sympathy! I was just warning people that its a healthy fine.

I don't own any atv's and will not hunt off of one.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Super Job!

Nice Bull too!

Did you tell NMPaulJR he'd have the Bloody Hands/Arms next time?:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

"gaying thing i ever heard of.. go a head set by will some pencil pusher makes laws for you to fish and hunt by. F THIS B S."
LOL! You can really tell when something hits home. This has nothing to do with hunting,30Buck. It has everything to do with riding of trail.

Justr, The law is not vague. If it isn't clearly marked as a road in utah then it's not. Plain an simple.

Is this 30buck the Joker that was giving stinky sshit last Fall?

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

Here is a few ideas that are being being kicked around a the department of interior.

No vehicle on any federal land with a wheel base less than 60".

No vehicle on federal land lighter than 1/2 ton.

Among other things.

By the way they often use a tape measure to determine whether a it is an ATV trail or an existing road.

Now that sounds STUPID!

You're saying a RANGER with misc gear would be legal but everything smaller would be ilegal?

GEEZUS!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

It seems pretty easy to tell what is and is not an existing road. Part of the problem is that there are so many two tracks all over the west that there just is'nt enough money or man power to close them all. Some of those two tracks may have tradionally been considered roads not that long ago, that seems to be part of the problem. If you use an ATV while you hunt that is o.k. but, common sense is needed. I can see why people want to use them considering the cost vehicle,s but if you shoot it you need to do what you have to do to get it back to the ATV or truck on foot.

>Super Job!
>
>Nice Bull too!
>
>Did you tell NMPaulJR he'd have
>the Bloody Hands/Arms next time?:D
>
>
>
>
>God is Great!
>Life is Good!
>And People are Crazy!
>
>I love not acting my age,
>
>Damn I love my NASCAR race,
>
>And Hell yes I love my
>Truck!

Bess, I am to impatient to watch someone else do the cutting. I did let him skin out a wild pig he shot this year.

>Here is a few ideas that
>are being being kicked around
>a the department of interior.
>
>
>No vehicle on any federal land
>with a wheel base less
>than 60".
>
>No vehicle on federal land lighter
>than 1/2 ton.
>
>Among other things.
>
>By the way they often use
>a tape measure to determine
>whether a it is an
>ATV trail or an existing
>road.

That is dumb. 1/2 ton really? What about tacomas, 4runners, samurais, jeeps and so on?

I agree something needs to be done. Atvs have their place but people push it and ruin it for everyone.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

"what the hell is in the front of his shirt?"

maybe a bear paw?:)

This ATV thing has been comming for several years. It's going to get even more strict soon. The good old days of riding wherever you want is almost over. There will be lots of used ATVs on the market.

Eel

>That is dumb. 1/2 ton really?
>What about tacomas, 4runners, samurais,
>jeeps and so on?
>
>I agree something needs to be
>done. Atvs have their place
>but people push it and
>ruin it for everyone.

Justr_86 The 1/2 ton does not meat a half ton Chevy, Ford, etc. it means it must way more that one thousand pounds and believe it or not even though it is called a half ton it ways more than a thousand pounds. and so do tacomas, 4runners and all the other vehicles you mentioned.

We really don't have enough info to lay into the guy. In the Grand Mesa National Forest, in some areas, it is legal to drive off-road to recover downed game...which I don't have a problem with. What I do have a problem with is people being a slob in the outdoors. Now, if he was in a no off-road travel area to recover game...then he deserves the ticket.

Also, a Samurai is a 1/4 ton and a Jeep used to be a quarter ton....prior to the CJ7 model. The 60" length would keep a lot of vehicles out of the picture.
John 14:6

>Also, a Samurai is a 1/4
>ton and a Jeep used
>to be a quarter ton....prior
>to the CJ7 model.
>The 60" length would keep
>a lot of vehicles out
>of the picture.
>John 14:6

As stated in my previous post they are not talking about the classification of the vehicle they are talking about the actual curb wieght of the actual. and as far as that size issues I am not sure where you are getting you measurements from but a samurai is 60.6" and a jeep from 54 up in the cj line is 68.5 inches wide. so they will be fine.
here are the links for tose sizes and wieghts
http://zukioffroad.com/Tech_Library/samurai_specifications.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_CJ

I am glad enforcement took place.

ATVs are a burden for the land and for the game animals. Ruts up the land when is wet out, packs down the dirt so vegetation thins out and spooks the animals so they feed less and move more when could be resting. Result is untold numbers of animals are lost due to does and cows being pushed all fall and into the spring (shed hunters) then being too thin and weak to carry until full term or they give birth to underweight animals.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom