ATV or SXS

feddoc

Long Time Member
Thinking about getting one, if only to pissssss off BCB, and leaning more towards a SXS as opposed to a 2-up ATV.

Seems like the SXS might be a bit more stable and the ATV might be a bit more nimble.

What kind do you guys have and why do you like it?

It won't matter which one you get!

They're both TUNE-ABLE!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-15 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]I have both. Each do their very own thing very well. If you have a family go with the SxS. Or try and get both at a reasonable price. :)

The old cat can't tune my rig. I put tuna all around it to keep him occupied.

I agree with Travis......My grandkids enjoy the side by side and it is handy as heck around the homeplace. I have an old Honda 4wheeler to use out west. I go by the rules BCB!
J_T_B

>I agree with Travis......My grandkids enjoy
>the side by side and
>it is handy as heck
>around the homeplace. I have
>an old Honda 4wheeler to
>use out west. I go
>by the rules BCB!
>
> J_T_B

I know you do John & Guy's like You I have No Problems with!

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-15
>AT 09:01?AM (MST)

>
>I have both. Each do their
>very own thing very well.
>If you have a family
>go with the SxS. Or
>try and get both at
>a reasonable price. :)
>
>The old cat can't tune my
>rig. I put tuna all
>around it to keep him
>occupied.

Tell them the Truth Travis!

You make me Drive My Truck up the Smoothest Road around looking for You & booty when you both Busted your Wheelers back in there to get booty's 340" Bull out!:D

Side by sides are nice. But can't always go everywhere. Especially here in Utah and other places with 50" trails. But the 800 Polaris and a few others have 50" models. But not in four seaters . So it is nice having both . Our four seat is street legal , which is nice when you come to the asphalt you can drive it back to camp. In the old days we would come back to camp dirty , beat up and sore. Riding the new long travel machines are super nice and smooth. As I get up in age I appreciate that and having a cage around me. When my 80 year old dad takes our side x side out, I feel much safer knowing he is buckled up and in a cage.
But if the ground gets tipsy its a lot easier to hang off a four Wheeler to balance it . When your strapped in its kind a of hard to do that. So both machine have there place. So what not have one of each. ;-)

I've got one of each, because my old ATV isn't worth enough to part with. I've found I use the ATV around the yard, running out to the end of the place and back quickly, running over to the post office, visiting the neighbor 3 or 4 blocks away, etc. The ATV is quick on and off, easier to jump on and off, when I'm working on the yard.

Longer trips, SXS 50". Much less physical. More relaxing to drive long miles and a lot easier to cover really rough country. Been over nearly every trail with a 50" gate in our area and my opinion is the SXS handles the really rough rocks and nasty stuff safer, easier, and with far less stress than my ATV. I think the extra length on the SXS chassis allows you to bridge the boulders and deep ruts. (That could change, in the years to come, as the SXS begin to erode "their" gaps in the trails.) I'm sure there may be trails that are too steep for the SXS, compared to some high end ATV but I've yet to tackle one that my RZR 570 didn't go right on up, and I'm a pretty hefty load.

I still miss my horses but I gave them up long before I bought my first ATV, so they've put me back in the game I was missing out on, without the horses.

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom