ATV friendly

sageadvice

Long Time Member
The town in Northern Calif that i live in, allows any type of rec vehicle 4x4, quad, 3 wheeler, dirt or mini bike, snow machine, you name it, to run on the streets any day, any place, at any time.

How about where you live? The cops here just leave them be.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

My hometown in Northern Minnesota is the same way. Even young kids can as long as you aren't being a jackazz... I used to take my snowmobile into the big town (8k people, lol) and go through the bank drive through with it.

Just something about living in the country that is so much better than in a city.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

yeah, kids here too. Cracks me up to see some 10-12 yr old kid pull up to the gas pumps on his wheeler. lol

They used to run around 2-3an on work nights. With modified exhaust systems and full throttle, they made quit a racket. I nicely put the word out to a couple neighborhood kids that i thought it not very nice and all the sudden i don't hear them anymore. I guess this close in bunch are respectful.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-14 AT 11:43PM (MST)[p]Yup, here too, nobody cares unless someone files a complaint.

Age is wide open as long as they are not endangering anybody or themselves. 2 wheels, 3 wheels, 4 wheels, any where in town, all day, all night, including the State Highways. As long as the phone doesn't ring, the ATV's roll.

It's not legal but it's wide open. They go past the house every day, summer and winter. Some of them look to be under 8 years old, especially on the holidays when their families come to spend a few days with the grandpa and grandmas.

Hospital emergency room does a pretty brisk business on the long weekends. ATV's bust up more folks than horses ever did, or so it seems from here.

DC

Sage, things must be a little lethargic over your way this winter, your old mind is been just churning with mischief the last couple of weeks. Time to brew a thermos of Eight O'Clock, fry up an egg sandwich, pull on the Carharts, find the crow-bar, bust a hole in the ice, and bob a chunk of sucker meat. You need a break from the house bud! ;-)

2lumpy, so you noticed eh? lol Sometimes i can only read so much crap before i must vent! You are right though, as usual! Thanks for the Tip!!

Joey

OH SWEET GEEZUS!

Don't Ride em here on the Pavement unless they are Street Legal/Licensed!

But Take Millions of them up on the Forest and just Rip the whole GAWD-DAMNED Place to Pieces!

The Law Breakinest Bittcches You'll see anywhere & not one F'N thing being done about it!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

There are a couple big tracts of land across the road from my place. I think a timber company owns them. They connect to Headwaters National Park. A few neighbor hood kids ride their dirt bikes there and they use the public road to get back and forth. Not legal but nobody says anything.

It gets a little annoying at times because they go by my place. They're always speeding and not exactly quiet. I grin and bear it, and if I had a bike I would probably sneak in there too.

I actually do sneak in there every summer to pick blackberries. I'm very quiet though :). There is a nice herd of blacktails that live there.

Eel

They can be licensed here in my part of Montana with the right equipment and driven on the street/highway. I'd like to outlaw them in the hills. mtmuley

We have as many miles of canal bank dirt roads here as paved county roads. ATV's are pretty much considered farm vehicles and are left alone as long as you are'nt being an idiot.

Yesterday i was getting gas and this little kid pulls up all decked out in riding gear. He had on everything and he had a nice looking little motor bike, i don't know maybe one of them around or below 100cc. So i'm pumping gas and watching this kid, i'd guess 10 years old, get ready to put gas in his tank. He turns, looks up at me and says, "i like your truck"

I thanked him for the complement.

He said, No, you don't understand, i want your truck and one of these days my Dad says i can buy it from you or race you pink slips for it"

Ballsy little fart, kinda put me in a tough spot for words but i gave him credit for spunk. I said something about bringing a healthy checkbook and left the pumps to him.

Joey

SAGE YOU HAVE BEEN CALL OUT. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom