atv bill

IDoutdoors

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-12 AT 11:47PM (MST)[p]I hope this bill passes in the Idaho senate. I never did like this law the way it is written it was so confusing. I don't agree with the law that says I can't ride down a trail on an atv that was to small for a truck if I was hunting. Like Idahoron said someone that isn't hunting could ride anywhere but hunters were limited on where they could ride. I'm glad the house passed this bill over the objections of the fish and game. The fish and game should have never been the ones to write tickets out for atv off road use in the first place. If the fish and game is worried about overharvest of animals try managing the game better or go to all controlled hunts... I still believe that hunters shouldn't be allowed to just ride cross country anywhere they want. This bill sounds like it addresses roads and trails not just riding anywhere you want.

Brian

Brian, the F&G were able to write tickets for illegal off road use before they ever restricted use of ATVs for hunting. They will still be able to do this if the bill passes the senate. What the bill will accomplish is take the F&G out of the closure designation business. The NFS and BLM should establish which roads or trails should be open or closed and the F&G should help enforce the closures. It never made sence to me that the F&G could close off huge chunks of land (entire game units) to ATV use while hunting, where there were many open trails according to the NFS Travel Plan. I agree with Idaho Ron. The F&G should regulate harvest by limiting tag numbers, and not try to regulate technology while selling the maximum number of tags possible.

Thanks for the clarification smokepoler63 that makes sense what you said. The fish and game will no longer be able to decide what areas to close or not.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom