ATTENTION PLUMBERS

Long Time Member
So I have three chickadees in my house. Mamma Red, and two baby cubs. As you can imagine, I get so much hair in the drain plug it is like Chewybacca lives down there. Well, every time the thing craps the bed and stops draining, I grow frustrated and in turn match said frustration with the likes of Red Devil lye.

Always worked great. Label says safe for pipes. You pour the chit in there and better have a gas mask on but it turns that hair into pudding. Well, here comes the tricky part. The shower/tub has one of those pull up drain plugs. You know, the type with the threaded spindle the knob screws onto. You pull up, quarter turn, it stays up sort of thing. Well, the metal casing that holds it all together has gone to hell. What am I looking at to fix the monster I have created? Will post pictures if that helps.

...and when I said it burned it that metal would not be any more gone if I had used a cutting torch.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-13 AT 06:45AM (MST)[p]Damnit bess pay attention!!!. You're the one who told me to dump a can of that ##### down the drain and let sit over the weekend in the first place. Hopefully sage will chime in.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

NO!

I am the one that Told You to be Damn Careful of what you pour down that Drain!(REMEMBER?)

But You Opted for the Gas Fumes & Jello!

Damn I wished I lived Closer to the UHP!

I Might get a little bit even,lol!:D

Here,sign at the bottom,LMAO!

I Told you about the little Plastic Tool with Barbs on it to Pull the Hair but you didn't wanna get your Hands Slimy!:D

It's just Red's & the Kids Hair!:D:D:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

I'm sure Lil Red will be doing some more Plumbin before it's over with!

I don't really know how much money She's saved you over the years but it's a Bunch!:D

I just drag the hose in from the front yard, take the drain off, stick the hose down as far as it'll go and turn it on. Cleans it out beautifully.

I swear, the next house I build will have NO indoor plumbing.

An outhouse out back, one sink out on the covered deck (built in) and an outdoor shower with a wood heater to heat the water. If my woman don't like it she can live somewhere else.

Life is too short to #### with plumbing!

Eel

>I just drag the hose in
>from the front yard, take
>the drain off, stick the
>hose down as far as
>it'll go and turn it
>on. Cleans it out beautifully.
>

Nice SMUT!

You ever heard of a 'Cross Connection'?

Probably get you a Drink off the end of the Hose as soon as you Pull it out,Right?:D

Eel!

You mighta found you a Woman like that back in the day!

Just don't think You'll find one now days!:D

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

and I dont use that bathroom, thats yours,I will take the jetted tub, that never clogs .

Shoulda listened to Bessy and I DORK

He Talked you in to Fixin the Plumbin yet Red?

You're Gonna have to start Charging Him!:D:D:D

1911, Maybe you have gotten some good advice already, maybe not.

We call that type of tub drain a tippy-toe. I generally put them on when the tube is out before it gets set. They screw down into a ABS type hard plastic shoe fitting underneath. If the Metal tippy-toe and the shoe fitting underneath are both history, you'll need to get under the tub from below, either downstairs or in the crawlspace beneath the house and cut a little access area to work, there should already be one but might need to be a little bigger, and cut through the 1 1/2" ABS pipe to get that threaded tippy-toe fitting out of there, unscrew the tippy toe, probably best done first if you can, and replace both.

If you can just unscrew the metal tippy-toe out of there, buy a new one at the home Depot, whatever, putty around the rim, and see if it will thread into the shoe. Kinda tough to get it tight from above though and not all shoes are alike but alot of them will work together.

You might be best served by getting a good Plumber on this one...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

You Own one of these sage?

Perty Handy When You're Installing/Tightening from the Top!

33tub_drain_tool.jpg

My wife owns something similar to that but it vibrates. I didn't know she had an interest in plumbing.

1911 call me 618-779-9165. I was just laughing about this the other day with my wife. Do not pour that stuff down your drain, take the P Trap apart and remove the hair etc. My credential.been a carpenter since I was 15 now I'm 51 I own several very nice duplexes. No worries! Or you can email me at [email protected].
Your friend Joe.

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

F'er!

You know Damn Well she has an Intrest in Plumbin!

Just not Yours!:D

"You might be best served by getting a good Plumber on this one..."

Joey

Or you could do like I do. Fix it your self and then 5 years down the road replace the tub after replacing the rotten water soaked sub floor because it leaks.:)

Eel

Bess, yeah i got one of them and another, my best though is one that i made on a rainy day back when an apprentice out of copper fittings. With the tippy-toes, i've sometimes had trouble getting the drain stopper out of the way to get the tool down in there...

J. Sikora, "My credential.been a carpenter since I was 15 now I'm 51 I own several very nice duplexes. No worries!"
Great, another carpender thinks he's a plumber!
FYI, the kind of ABS p-trap used under a tub does not come "apart". A sink, yes! But not a tub or shower. That is unless you don't want/need it to code or care for it to last, then have a carpenter do it!! LMAO

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom