Attention CPAP Users

N

nezzy

What are some of the ways out there to use your CPAP unit without needing a generator during hunting or camping trips.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-13 AT 10:39AM (MST)[p]My wife uses 4 "C" batteries.

Eel

Edit: but then maybe I don't know what a CPAP is?

I hear she uses 4 deep cell marine batteries ,and a pony. I really would like some serious reply's. There has to some way to rig this without a generator.

Nezzy..... A friend of mine had one on a hunt several years ago. He had a battery pack for his that would run all night. He was able to recharge it during the day from his vehicle. I'm not sure of any specifics other that to tell you the type of system you are looking for does exist..... Terry

VERY SIMPLE....
1 marine/rv battery
1 invertor

plug in CPAP without the humidifier and you will get 3 to 4 nights without a recharge.....charge as needed with your generator or truck with charger...

I have used three different CPAP devices with battery options, two with the costly converters from the manufacturer. My newest CPAP (RESMED S9)is setup with an inverter (min 150 w) per the manufacturer's instructions using a marine battery.

This option was much cheaper for me, how be it more difficult to lug around a big battery. Search the manufacturer's website for information, I followed these directions from Resmed:

http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/doc...attery_guide/198103_battery-guide_glo_eng.pdf

Hooked up to a battery, it works great. I can get almost 5 nights of use out of my setup before recharging.

I also looked at the portable battery packs (car jumper pack) with a built in inverter, the amp hours were a little low for longer use and would only last almost 2 days. This is lighter..

Good luck.

Look into some of the Goal Zero portable power packs... They have a few options that might be worth a look.

I use a deep cycle battery,a inverter and a 20 watt solar charger.Newer trucks if you plug in the inverter will stop in about two hours unless you connect straight to the battery.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom