Attention all Dog guys

D

duckslayer

Anyone out there use the Garmin Alpha 100? If so tell me your thoughts. I need to get a two dog unit and want to hear some reviews before I spend the money. Thanks

Duck, I have ten coyote hounds. Live in southern Illinois and I have the Garmin Alpha 100 and 8 of the tt10 tracking/training collars. They are just super. Used the old fashioned 'beep-beep' tracking collars for years and the new technology is just fabulous. GPS at its finest. Do not know what breed of hunting dog you plan on using the Alpha 100 unit on but I guarantee that it will work and will work good......distance up to 5 miles if you are not in the Rocky Mountains. Fairly expensive but worth every penny when all information is sorted and figured out. plenty of dealers and the parent company offers fast turn around time if repairs are required. I certainly recommend the Garmin Alpha and the tt10 collars.....the newer tt15 collars are perhaps a tad better than the 10's as the 15's are this years latest big thing. send me a private letter and I will send you back more info. The training part of the Alpha is wide ranged, very easy to operate, and powerful. Sincerely, Cow Tag

I run the Alpha system. It is pretty good. I have bear and lion hounds. It has good range and is a good training tool, it is a little bit slow on the shocking system but still pretty good. I have 3 different antennas that help with long distance. I don't know of a better system, but it still has some problems and I still get interference from other houndsman but not as much as with the older garmin units. I have 2 units and 10 collars. I also like that the alpha units can track each other and you can send messages to each other.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-14 AT 01:36PM (MST)[p]I use the garmin 220 with DC40 collars haven't had a problem with them I run 6 hounds on bear and cats. I have ranged the dogs out to 3 1/2 miles with no problems with the standard antennas of course terrain and tree cover also plays apart in the range to

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom