AT THE EXPO

YELUM

Long Time Member
Went to the expo yesterday, Lots to see. Small crowd which was nice. Lots of great looking animals, eye candy, and an occasional MM'er. It was good to see the likes of FOUNDER, Browtine, Cowslayer, Packout, BTL, DEERBEDEAD, and others. I got to meet up close and larger than life, STINKY THE STOMPER and his family, and see his great bull done by BTL. Missed seeing many others. Monstermuleys, Mossback, Trophyhunter, Muley Crazy, and Tines Up, all had great displays, as well as many other booths. BTL had an incredible display out front of many beautiful mounts showing off his great work. I'll post some pics later when I have time to re-size. For $10 with a coupon, its well the opportunity to see this show.

Yelum

Wish I was able to come. BUT some-one has to work.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

The expo was great. The Mossback Booth had some incredible heads. Along with many other booths. I also got to meet the infamous Stinky Stomper. Very nice bull and great looking mount. Was disappointed that Eastman's and Jim Shockey didn't have a booth this year. Also couldn't find the Colorado DOW. All the Panguitch and Vernon bucks were in the Poaching trailer along with pictures of the convicted. Tines Up had some incredible sheds. Awesome show. Hopefully I can go back again over the weekend. Wish I could have seen some more MMer's. Next year I think we should all wear big Orange MM name tags!! That ought to be good for a couple of brawls...

Took my two boys. It was good. Managed not to spend any money except for putting in for the draw. Both my two boys(3 and 5 year old) burnt their pointer finger by touching a display light showing off one of Hoyt's new bows. After watching one burn his finger the other reached up and touched it. They were walking around with little cups of ice the rest of the time.

I can't wait to go to the expo. I am leaving this afternoon. This will be my first time going to this show. I was able to convince my wife that this would be a great valentines weekend get away.

Garrett Carr
www.atfirstlightguides.com

Nice, your wife actually bought into it. I tried to talk my wife into going as a family outing and it just ended up with me and the two bows. She stayed home with the youngest.

I'll agree with everyone that their was an incredible amount of quality taxidermy. Some really nice animals.

I will say that I was overall very disappointed in the expo this year. Many, Many of the exhibitors from past years did not come. A few in particular I always visit with are:
Atchesons
Conetrol
Kimber
State of CO
State of WY
State of AK
All of the above were missing, and obviously several others as well. There are still some great boths, and I enjoyed my visit, but the number of booths is definitely headed in the wrong direction.

Bill

Good to see you there. I hadn't seen you for a few years since I moved out of the neighborhood. As I told you, I don't post much, but the show was good. I loved all the heads. Maybe this year I will finally draw my LE deer.

Paul

I went last night with my youngest son(9) and my brother and his youngest(4). We all enjoyed the show. The boys tried to collect business cards from every single booth, sit in every truck and ATV and sampling the nuts and jerky several times.
Thats what its all about. It wouldn't have been as fun without them.

I'm looking forward to going on Saturday. I also talked the wife into going for valentine's day. Hope to see some of you guys there.

IB

Paul, if you draw a tag you'll have to change your name. lol
Great to see you as well. Stop by the house some time.

Yelum

For all you guys doing the Valentine date thing, good luck with that and BTW dog houses are on sale at Home Depot!!! Just kidding as that's the last place my wife would go. I'll be flying in and out on Sat and looking forward to a good show!

Yea, your right. Maybe something like almost neverdraws or hardly ever draws, but hopefully something like finally drew.

I will try and stop by sometime.

I definately like the idea of wearing your login name on a shirt.....that would be way cool.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

please

THOUGHT YOU HATED EXPO AND EVERYTHING IT STANDS FOR?

HOPE YOU DIDN'T APPLY FOR ANY OF MY TAGS!!!

STOP BY THE "GG" AND I'LL GET YOU A FREE BURRITO

HAPPY HOUR DOSEN'T START TILL 3 OR 4!!

Met one mm'er at the Vortex booth, but didn't see anyone else. Didn't see anybody at the mm booth though? This was my first year going. A lot of neat things to see.

They said it was about half the size of last year. Seen some of the best and worst taxidermy I've ever seen. The worst was confined to one booth pretty much. They were selling there work. Check out the coyote and the bug-eyed goat. It's worth a laugh.

As far as the best...Check out Phil Soucy's cat and there is also a deer with a cat pouncing on it. Pretty cool.

Went Friday morning. Good show, I wish there was more wildlife art. Some great heads though.

We did see Wayne LaPierre wandering around. Kinda cool.

Grizzly

Did someone say it's valentines day? I guess I'm in trouble again. Actually the wife brought the family to the expo today to hang out and help in my booth (Little Sportsman behind the huskemaw booth). So I'll either be in my booth or walking around with three very loud 4 year old triplet boys. Stop by and say hi if you're at the show. I want to meet the famous Bobcat and Stinky so stop by guys if you're around.

Coon----

Kinda funny memeory right there! ha

Actually I was the only FNAWS volunteer from Utah at the first Expo 3 years ago. Worked my butt off and had a great time.

Kinda enjoy a Happy Hour now and then myself!

Robb

Here are a few pics I got.

Yelum

A big buck in Paul Penny's display out front
769648.jpg

Utah's big 3, in Mossback's booth
1229656.jpg

7685657.jpg

A great looking buck in the Taxi comp, done by Ryan Cook
2855662.jpg

A huge Utah archery buck done by Dirk Barnes
6060665.jpg

Another great Utah buck done by Derk Bawden (SP?)
9259669.jpg

And yet another great Utah archery buck
9293671.jpg

The latest 300 incher from AZ
7058674.jpg

The world record sheds
474675.jpg

3959678.jpg

The huge CO buck
4041679.jpg

My daughter and I went yesterday and this was our favorite mount.
Also B.S.ed with the Sausquatch boy at his booth..By the time we left there he was totally pissed with us. HEHEHE

Yelum, just wondering if you took a picture of the flaming deer in the taxi show. I didn't take a camera, but that thing was a little weird.

Yelum,Thanks for posting some great pics for us folk who live too far to see it in person .Keep the pics coming ,Thanks again .

>Thanks for the photos guys.
>I was hoping someone would take
>some good pics.
>HH

+1

Thanks for the pics.

I wanted to go, have never been and even checked into plane tickets for the trip. Just too expensinve to come up from Amarillo,Tx. I would have had to take a day off work and I save those for hunting.

More pics would help......

Clearly not as big as past years but still a great time... Had a blast though meeting mm members, had dinner with stinky and his family, slam, never-catch, lowcountryelk, and antlerrick, and after talking with antlerrick found out were related. What a great night!

saw a few MM guys, expo seemed almost empty friday night. Got a good deal on some Kings camo, will pick some more up sunday. There were some cool mounts...minus the flaming whitetail. going to take the boys up tomorrow. From the looks the draw odds may be a lot better this year.

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

Man that kitty looks like it wants to do more then eat that deer, ha ha but seriously pretty cool. I have been to slc expo, the expo in pomona california, and the one in denver, by far my fav was denver. Salt lake was second best maybe just cause i am biased and hate salt lake...But as far as eye candy...pomona was the best, i was drooling everywhere i looked.

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

The beer was to much money, the beer wasn't cold enough to start, the beer got warm to fast, I couldn't drag a cooler of beer around inside the expo, and the beer was to much money...but hey other than that the expo was great!! Good seein some of ya too :)

~Z~

And for the record...the nicest rack I saw all weekend belonged to a purty lil blonde chick sitting behind me at dinner!! WOWZERZ!!

~Z~

I thought the show was pretty sad! It would have been EMPTY!! if not for the Taxi competition....Way down from last year.

I heard a Dall Sheep hunt sold for $9500....

Was good to talk to a few of the guys and make my donation for the hunts, but man the show was pretty sad...unless you love Doyle...and Muley Crazy....

LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-10 AT 11:35PM (MST)[p]Good to see some of you at the Expo. While there may not have been as many booths it was sure busy. We struggled to get a bathroom break. One thing I will say for MM is that over the years I have been able to interact with folks on here and when I finally meet them at an Expo, every one of them is nice. AND . . . after all these years of jabbing each other on the internet and missing each other at expos I finally got to shake hands with "The Cat". It was a pleasure Bessy! Sorry we couldn't BS a little more.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

It was good to talk to you AWLB......and I wish that you had bought that dang Dall Tag!

Glad the show was busy for you....but I never should have brought my wife..she made me leave too early! haha

Epointer, I thought about it at first, the decided not to. Same with the Mtn lion next to it. Later I decided I would but never got back over there.

I wish I would have taken a pic of Pat Whites MT ram, but I couldn't find it later. Heres a few more.

Yelum

445685.jpg

Heres Stinky's bull
6955686.jpg

9400689.jpg

2034690.jpg

302691.jpg

2240692.jpg

6601693.jpg

6283694.jpg

This buck on the left is the 2009 Sportsmans tag.
5587695.jpg

I had a few more pics but they didn't turn out so I wont put them up.

All in all, I had a great time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom