artificial grass

mntman

Long Time Member
Any of you have it?
Do you like it, hate it, installed on your own?
I like grass but sick of the watering, maintenance and looking at installing it in the front yard first to see how it comes out. The purchase price would be around $2500 for me depending on type.
Would you do it again?

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

It's called "artificial cannabinoid" that you very much. And I like it.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

I had two bids for the front yard. The first was $25,000 the second was $21,000 my front yard is only 1500 sq. feet. I think I will keep watering.....

I Think mntman is missing one of his 'zeroes'!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

nope not missing any zero's. That is just the price for me to purchase the turf and do it myself.
I would not pay 8-15k or more for someone else to do it. That is 2 moose hunts and a caribou hunt nearly in AK for me...

Mntman

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

You'll need a nice vacuum cleaner!

Try some Blue Grama or Buffalo grass for lower maintenance and water use. They aren't barefoot friendly but I like mine (1/3 acre) Mow it once a month, water it 6 times a year.

River rock, $40/yard. All the big rocks are rocks that I picked up on various hunts, form Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Wyoming, Utah, and California. Kind of my trophy room:)

7995yard_002.jpg

>How much you have to cough
>up for the little pig
>on the mound?

That was a garage sale find. I think $5 I had to paint it though:)

Eelgrass
I like the swine. I have 2 full sized Berkshire statues in my yard,,,,,wife hates them! I pet them each time I walk pass them. I will post a pic when not so busy.
J_T_B

I'm thinking of getting some hog wire and making a pen for my pig.

Sorry for the hijack mntman.

Eel

>River rock, $40/yard. All the big
>rocks are rocks that I
>picked up on various hunts,
>form Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Wyoming,
>Utah, and California. Kind of
>my trophy room:)
>

You told me it was full of monster turtle shells. HA - just another tall tale I guess!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

>I'm thinking of getting some hog
>wire and making a pen
>for my pig.
>
>Sorry for the hijack mntman.
>
>Eel

No worries, its entertaining watching grown men talk about pet pigs made of ceramic :D
If this goes down the path of clubhouse members having pet pigs I will have to put in a request of it getting nuked then...

Mntman

I have a section about 16' by 25' that I keep my dog in. I installed it myself. It is very easy to do. I love it for the dog pen. He can't dig it up, no mud at any time of the year, I have not had to wash his paws before letting him in the house, poop cleans up very easily. The only issue is you do need to clean it off with a vinegar solution every few months to cut the pee smell down. Use a decent base of sand and it will drain better. No other maintenance required. If I remember correctly it cost around $2000 - $2500.

That being said I would not use it for my main lawn. I like grass and the work that goes into keeping it. The fake stuff still looks fake regardless of how much you spend.

>River rock, $40/yard. All the big
>rocks are rocks that I
>picked up on various hunts,
>form Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Wyoming,
>Utah, and California. Kind of
>my trophy room:)
>
>
7995yard_002.jpg

Must pizz off your muzlim neighbors.

kilbuc, I have a turtle on my totem pole. That green spot:)

Be sure and scout me out a nice rock to bring home to remember our hunt. We'll find one!:)

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom