Arkansas and Missouri

2lumpy

Long Time Member
I need to be in South West Missouri and North West Arkansas in August. I want to spend a few days seeing the Ozark Mountain Areas in each State. Plan to rent a boat for a day and check out some views and shore lines. Any recommendations on which lake in the Ozarks shows off the flora and fauna the best.

I’ve done some research on Google and there certainly aren’t a lack of options. Not looking for water sports or a lot of humanity but if the viewers are worth it I have no objections to normal summer boaters.

I will be as far north as Liberal, Missouri and as far south as Ola, Arkansas. A two or three hour drive in any direction from anywhere along the highway from either location is not a problem either.

I try to maximize the “good stuff” when ever I find myself some place I never been before.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Go to Blanchard Springs Caverns in 56 Arkansas. (y)

Go to Branson if you want to feel better about yourself. But the meals are generous there :)

See if you can find this billboard. It’s somewhere around where Ranger boats are made.
CA6C61EC-9D02-4ADB-B154-D8DE23930641.jpeg

While in that area we visited the School of the Ozarks that include the museum. Not your average museum either. It's a hillbilly history museum.

Agree with the Bull Shoals post. Lake of the Ozarks would not fit your style as way to populated! Table Rock isn’t bad but will be much busier than Bull Shoals. All beautiful areas for sure.

While in that area we visited the School of the Ozarks that include the museum. Not your average museum either. It's a hillbilly history museum.
Great, sounds like my kind of museum…….I’ve never met a museum I didn’t like!! Good suggestion, tc.

How long (miles/hours) is this float. Where do you rent the kayaks blue. Tks for the suggestion.
As I recall it was in the 4-6 hour range. We stopped for lunch on a sandbar.

It is a very easy trip but still fun. And the entire length of the canyon is stunning.

These guys will also shuttle you.

Go to Blanchard Springs Caverns in 56 Arkansas. (y)

Go to Branson if you want to feel better about yourself. But the meals are generous there :)

See if you can find this billboard. It’s somewhere around where Ranger boats are made. View attachment 80152
Harrison looks like a friendly stop or not along the way. I’ll keep an eye out blue. Tks.

It is a very easy trip but still fun. And the entire length of the canyon is stunning.

Excellent, I’m going to look into that, that may be “mo better” than a motoboat ride.

Good job, Boss.

August 4th-7th is the Missouri taxidermy competition and convention this year. They have a pretty good show.

There is also the Uranus Fudge Factory in St. Robert Missouri. You'll see billboards for it as soon as you enter the state.

August 4th-7th is the Missouri taxidermy competition and convention this year. They have a pretty good show.

There is also the Uranus Fudge Factory in St. Robert Missouri. You'll see billboards for it as soon as you enter the state.
Tks Tri. You competing this year?

I would have thought the Uranus Fudge Factory would have been near Liberal Missouri?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom