area W, deer

H

highdeserthunter

I just found out i drew area w deer,i dont know much about this area,exept for what ive seen when driving from hwy 80 down through baggs on my way to craig co,i allways see plenty of pronghorn and some deer,i know theres more to the area then just that stretch of road,i have a much soaught after archery deer tag in northern ca,did not draw utah,or nevada,this year,so most likely i will rifle hunt this area in wyoming,but if my chances are better for archery then i will bow hunt,any help or a starting point for research would be awsome,and i would be greatfull,not asking for secret spots just a starting point,even tresspass hunt,considered.thanks again.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-11 AT 02:36PM (MST)[p]
I hope you are aware that you can only hunt with that Region W tag in units 82, 100, and 131, as the other three are Limited Quota units. All three you can hunt are open the entire month of September with an archery permit. The rifle season in 82 is open from 10/1-10/9 for bucks only, while 100 and 131 are from 10/1-10/7 for bucks only. That's about the only information I can give you in case you didn't know already, but I haven't hunted down there to help you with on-the-ground information.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-11 AT 02:20PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-11 AT 02:17?PM (MST)

Depends on what type of area you like to hunt If you like forest head for Battle Mountaion if you like sagebrush go north of Battle Mountain all of this is in area 82. I do believe they may have cut down the rifle season in 82 from Oct. 1st to Oct 9th but I havent look at the regs yet. Oh yea I got draw for W also hoping there was not to much winter kill there.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-11 AT 02:40PM (MST)[p]bucksandducks is correct about the dates for 82 and they also changed it to bucks only, so it appears there was winter kill substantial enough that they need to protect the does and also cut the buck kill in that unit. I edited my previous post to reflect that booboo I made. Thanks!!!

Send me a PM highdessert if you would like some starting points. Not an expert on 82 but hunted it twice 06-07. Happy to share.

prepare yourself for little orange spots every where you go!If your hunting public, you might check some of the outfitters in the area, they seem to kill some good dear on private. check out carbon county chambers of commerce website for a list of outfitters.

HDH,did u get the pm's that I sent you? It said they were sent both times. Not sure what went wrong there. Let me know and I can try to figure out what went haywire.

HDH only has a few posts and may not know how to access PMs. You might want to click on the email box next to his name and send him a message that way, as he is probably sure to read it there.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom