Area v. Region

travishunter3006

Very Active Member
This last october me and my wife were able to make it to Wyoming and Harvest 3 does in unit 157. I will be doing this hunt for many years to come. I hunt Utah archery for bucks and Wyoming for does but I want my wife to be able to harvest a great buck every year and the landowner in unit 157 will let us continue hunting on his property. There are some great mature bucks running around up there.

My question is, as I look to apply next year for this hunt, should I buy her a 157 any deer tag or a region E buck tag? What is the difference? We are non residents as well.

It was a big bodied 2 point. (this is my signature)

Buy or apply for the area/unit 157 tag if there is one.

A region tag is good every where in its region, except for area's that are listed.

For example: If you had an region E tag, you could hunt every where except for listed area such as area 157.

I think I am right on this, what you say guys?

Be aware that various units within the region have different hunt dates. We hunted region D last year and went later in the season. The unit we were hunting within region D was only open for 7 days compared to 15 days that the other units were open. Read the regs and know the dates.

Steve
Don't leave your keys in your car or it WILL get stolen. :(

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom