area 72 wy antelope

B

buckyT

I didn't know if any of you have ever hunted or are familiar with area 72, but my wife and I are headed back there to take are chances at the wiley pronghorn with our rifles. I know there is alot of private land but I'm hoping I can find a couple decent bucks on some public land. This is my wife's first out of state hunt and I wanted to atleast act like I knew where I was going, just to make it a little more fun for her and less stressful. Any help would be great.
Thanks

I hunted unit 73 a few years back. Paid $100 trespass fee to hunt 75,000 acre ranch. Check with the chanber of commerce nearest your hunt area, in my case it was Casper, they'll send you a list of ranchers that allow hunting for a trespass fee. On the ranch I hunted the rancher estimated that that were at least 4,000 head of antelope on his place. Which might of been true cause they were everywhere.

Thanks danel491 for the info I'll check into that. Ive called the biologist in casper a few times but have not been able to get ahold of him yet. Do to gas prices I am trying to save as much money as I can but if I have to pay a tresspass fee I will.

The trip to my hunt area and back home with out driving around is about 2300 miles so my gas bill is gonna kill me, not to mention driving to colorado the next month for an elk hunt in unit 53 which is about the same distance. The only difference is I get to split that bill with two buddys.

thanks again,

buckyT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom