Area 65 Whitetail deer.

mevertsen

Very Active Member
Ok, I drew an antelope tag for NV this year. Last year I had a deer tag here, and went to CA for a bear hunt and was successful.

This year I want to try for a white tail.

I have already started collecting points in Wyoming, so it makes the most sense to go there.

I have a couple of requirements. I will be going for several days, and I want to camp so I can take my lion hounds (kids) with me.

Area 65 seems to have some National Forest land to the south end of the unit, and the harvest reports show pretty good success for the white tail only hunt.

So, I have a few options (providing there are leftover tags).

I can pick up a leftover region J tag and hunt the general season for any white tail or antlered mule deer from Oct 15 to 21, or pick up a left over white tail only tag for Oct 15 to Nov 30. I could also pick up an extra doe/fawn tag.

I would have no problem camping in the forest either and hunting down low, maybe trying to secure permission on private land first, or is there plenty of white tail in the forest?

Any thoughts would be great!

Marcial

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom