Area 320

K

KaibabHntr

This the unit I'll be hunting on my combo tag archery in Sept.
Just curious as to the quality of bulls and muleys/whiteys in the area. Just wanna know if I should be picky for the first few days or take the first bull/buck I can. Will be focused on elk primarily. Will be tagging along with my grandpa and staying in Sheridan. Should be up between 7 or 10 days depending minus 2 for travel to/from Missoula. Thanks.

Ryan

Hold out for a 400" bull,it will make the hunt last longer...you better shoot the first bull that you would put a tag on,unless you are ok going home empty handed.

I wouldn't spend too much time searching for a big bull in the Tobacco Roots. There are a few there but not many so I would take the first decent bull you see.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-11 AT 08:01AM (MST)[p]This hunt is more for the time with family than for quality of bulls, just curious what's realistic. I've found a few pics of bulls from the area so I think I know what to expect. Thx for the info. Still waiting on my call back from the biolgist to pick his brain about it.

Ryan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom