Area 30 elk

Triple_BB

Very Active Member
I drew an area 30 elk tag. I have my maps and have spoke with a few folks. I plan to hunt about 7 - 9 days the week before Thanksgiving. If anyone has some additional pointers, I'd sure appreciate it...

I drew that tag 3 years ago. I did not realize how lucky I was. Everyone I talked to said to hunt late, after the Montana folks pushed them over, and a little snow to move them. Can't say for sure if that was true, cuz I went for a short look-around trip early in the month, and shot a small six by. Talked to a guy as I was hauling it out, he said he had been trying to get the tag for 12 years. He told me congrats, fine job, nice bull. I asked him if he thought it was REALLY a fine job, and he admitted that I had probably got a little to excited, and should have been patient. He basically said the same thing everyone else had told me. Be patient, wait for later.
I was plenty tickled tho, cuz I don't have a big pile of trophy elk on my wall, and this was as nice as I have ever shot.
You will have a good time!!! Wish I could get a do-over!!!
PM me for any details.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom