Area 245 NV Antelope

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Is unit 245 worth looking into? Are there very many goats in that area? I appreciate the info.

Steve

Can't help you there Steve BUT I am not sure I would want to be out there with a rifle as it borders that Area 51 site.
Back in 1995 on the way home from NM, I was driving along that Extraterrestrial Hiway south of Rachel, NV. Had a friend with me and stopped to look through my Spotting Scope at the tops of the mountains there to the south. Military watch tower and jeeps there, I'm sure he could see me better than I could him up there.

Often wondering how hunters hunted around that area and not having problems with the USAF coming to check them out. Don't want a wild shot going that close to them up there LOL.

Not much there either at Rachel, just the small Inn there and maybe a few rooms in a trailer for sleeping.

Brian

Thanks Brian! I have thought that funting farther north would be the plan but I want to find out if overlooking 245 is a smart or dumb idea! Believe me, I would not get close to area 51 and Nellis. That kind of stuff freaks me out!

Steve

I have no idea about 245 for antelope. I've hunted 251 for antelope though and 252 for sheep.

You just gotta respect the boundaries on Nellis and the test site. I guarantee those guys know your where-abouts and if they do come check you out, just make sure you know where you are and where you're supposed to be. GPS location would be wise. For the most part you can't see anything sensitive without trying and that's when you could get into trouble. You'll know it when you get to the fence. There's a sign every few hundred feet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom