Are the Elk Bugling yet?

J

jca

I was wandering if elk are vocal yet in northern utah? I would like to do some scouting but have very limited time off from work. Thanks John

We had the Elk bugling on the South Cache unit all weekend. They are in completely different areas this year then they were last. They start screaming around five in the morning and all you can hear after the sun rises is them walking through the deadfall, and some mews. spotty at nights. Get close, they'll talk.

south/west wyoming: Lite bugling early morning/late afternoon, with rare squeals mid day. Not very vocal yet.

Every five minutes on the la sal.I called a big stinky in yesterday morning.I wish I would of had a limited entry tag for that big ol boy.

I haven't heard any here yet around Austin, TX.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

We had them singing over the weekend from sun-up until 4pm. Starting to see broken bulls and the wallows are absolutely hammered. Good times.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Here at Holly Refinery in Bountiful the only Elk talk that I have been hearing is from my buddy Mike learning how to blow his Primos cow girl cow call..LMAO 10 more days I'll be on the Dutton.
OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed taters and gravy.

Starting to hear a few here in central Idaho....

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom