are cwmu"s good or bad

E

eyecrazy

I think that they cause some of the over crowding. When I was a kid there were no cwmu's and many of the land owners would let you hunt or not care if people tresspassed or charge a minimal fee 50.00 or 100.00. but now all the land owners can charge big money to hunt their property because it is in a limited area or cwmu. So now they don't let just anyone hunt so everyone has to hunt the public land. yes some of us get to hunt land we would never be able to hunt but there are others that can't hunt the land they used to hunt. I know that I would see alot more deer on public land and private when i was a teen crusing the mountains than I do now so what do you think. just a thought and why do cwmu's get to hunt when they want, why don't they have the same rules as everyone else, I would love to hunt muleys in the rut again.

I think CWMUs are both good and bad. I have had good experiences and bad ones. I would always do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions before spending a lot of money or bonus points on one. The devil is in the details!

I suppose it depends on which side of the fence you are on. They are great from an owner operator point of view. They greatly increased the marketing ability of big game hunts. Season dates that go from September to mid November translate into significantly higher harvest ratios that would not otherwise exist.

My feeling is that the benefit to the CWMU and associated parties far exceeds that of the percentage of kickback to state hunters. In the end I think it was a significant move in the direction bucks for bucks ($$$).

As it stands you have two sets of rules now and while most of us have been done for a week or two the other group still has a good two weeks of rifle hunting during the rut to pick 'em over.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

It opens up some of the best private hunting land to people that would never be able to hunt it. Migration and weather can really influence a lot of the CWMU's. Most of the operators want you to be successful, and have a good hunt. Remember its still hunting, and not killing. And you might not kill a 375" bull or 190" buck.

I wish we could get enought people together and push for more puclic hunters to be able to hunt on cwmu's..most of the hunts are a 90:10 split, I think it should be more like a 70:30 split at the minimum, or even a 60:40 split on tags. most of these animal are on public property for most of the summer and are pressured off to private which is CWMU where they can hunt them for a couple of months..needs to be a better trade off for the public.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom