Archery success

nfh

Long Time Member
on sept. 28 i climbed up in my treestand to bow hunt. it has been a few years since i have tagged anything with a bow. so i bought a few doe tags and also had my buck tag in my pocket which is good for the late season.

so my first night this bad boy came at one yard rubbing a tree. i debated on whether to shoot one my first night out and i didnt feel comfortable shooting straight down so when he stepped out to 15 yards he was quartering away and i aimed for the 3rd to last rib and the arrow came out his chest by his front left leg. nailed his heart and lungs and he ran only 15 yards and was done for. and when he fell over there was no kicks or last breath.

the crazy part was that i had a doe to my left that i was watching and waiting to get shot, she was behind a tree and i needed her to take at least one step and i had full attention and i never knew this buck was below me until i heard him rubbing. the doe seemed nervous, i had no scent killer on but she was just watching this buck i think......

every year i enter my bucks in a big buck contest, my buck last year grossed 132 even {scored by an offical B&C scorer}, and this buck is a little better and should gross good being a 5x5 but his final score will kill him.

P9280043.jpg

P9280039.jpg

P9280047.jpg

0928111931.jpg

Here is last years buck that grossed 132,
102_0904.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-11 AT 05:15PM (MST)[p]>Well done. Wyoming whitetails are looked
>over by a lot of
>people. Public land?

they sure are over looked. the archery buck is public,
it amazes me how no one goes out and bowhunt. lot of the walk areas have corn feilds and that is great for bowhunting. i have a couple of doe tags and been going out every night and been seeing some really nice bucks. the doe population is crazy. but im saving my doe tags till december and archery hunt then for something to do........

Nice looking deer. I'm gonna have to come up there and find this public whitetail land you speak of. Last year's buck is picture perfect!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom