Archery Sights

Hiker of the Woods

I will start it off with my personal favorite archery sight Spot-Hogg.

Spot-Hogg sights are built from 6061 aircraft aluminum and put through rigorous inspections. All Spot-Hog sights have a white ring around the pin guard to help keep your form the same and as accurate as possible. Levels that are squared off to a vertical wire will also increase your accuracy while sighting in your bow, target shooting, or even while hunting. The Hogg Father, Boss Hogg, Tommy Hogg, Hogg-it , and Hunter sights allow a second and third axis adjustment to get the most accurate and precise sight that any archer would dream about.

Here are some key features that the Spot-Hogg sights have:

Hogg Father: Has quick release knob, horizontal & vertical adjustments, detachable dovetail bar, 2nd & 3rd axis adjustment, no tools needed for windage or elevation adjustments, removable rack for traveling, traveling case, available in 1, 3, 5, or 7 pins. HoggFather allows for shots that are beyond your last pin, but still within effective range. The option to quickly adjust your sight is available and then the lower pin is only needed for great accuracy.

Boss Hogg & Tommy Hogg: 2nd & 3rd axis adjustment, horizontal and vertical adjustments, no tools needed for windage & elevation adjustment, yardage knob, available in 1, 3, 5, or 7 pins. Boss Hogg & Tommy Hogg sights allow for shots that are beyond your last pin, but still within effective range. The option to quickly adjust your sight is available and then the lower pin is only needed for great accuracy.

Hogg-It: Quick release knob, 2nd & 3rd axis adjustment

Hunter: 2nd & 3rd axis adjustment, micro adjustment pins

Real Deal: Micro adjustment knobs and pins

Right On: Micro adjustment pins

What do people think about the yardage knob, available in 1, 3, 5, or 7 pin for the Hogg Father, Boss Hogg & Tommy Hogg sights allowing for shots that are beyond your last pin, but still within effective range. The option to quickly adjust your sight is available and then the lower pin is only needed for great accuracy. This would be great for 3-D or target shooting and maybe even for that bedded mule deer buck out in the middle of nowhere with nothing for a hunter to hide behind to get closer. It would all depend on how many pins you had and what your effective range is.

I think it could get me in trouble. I see your handle and I too hunt blacktails. Frustrating when they move just a bit out of range. I think the best thing about them would be being able to set your last (of 5) pins maybe up to 55 yards from 60. So you don't have to "split" pins. Blacktails are pretty small in body size.Picking a spot and getting a pin on it on a critter over 60 yards would be tough.

I'm confused what you're looking for. Are you pitching spott hogg? Are you wondering what we think about spott hogg? I currently have the 7 deadly pins, but I'm going to upgrade this year to sure-loc.

> Beyond your last
>pin but still in effective
>range.....
>
>
> Carry on
You can get a sight with only 1 or 3 pins on it. So it is not like your shooting at an animal 70 yards away.

> I've got both
>a sdp and a sword
>3rd plane
>
>Pretty damn happy with the sword
>

The sword is pretty interesting. I never heard about it. Which sdp do you have?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom