archery elk unit 29

T

timberline

drew a rifle bull tag for october and was wondering if any archery hunters had been in the unit and could give me any suggestions. went scouting only once due to work commitments but am taking a week off for the hunt. saw good elk sign but no elk durring the scouting trip. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I drew the same hunt. I am going for 9 days. I have friends up there this next week and will be archery hunting the same area i go. I plan on going the second week to let the bulls calm down after all the archers leave the area.

Good luck to you. Its a good year to have the tag with all the water out and the feed was amazing up there. One meadow had grass kneee high, green and thick durring the middle of August. Amazing. Should be a good year for antler growth. Now if I can just get a good one in my crosshairs. May the hunting gods smile down on us all this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom