Archery elk hunters

I was out on the wasatch helping a friend this weekend, and we had 1 bull kind of acting like it. We found him in a herd of about 10 cows. We set up a head of them to have them come by at about 50 yards. The cows did but the bull had left. We heard him bugle 2 times very faintly as he walked away. Later that day, we saw another group of cows, about 15 of them, and heard a bugle. But when we found the bull, he was about 500 yards away on the same hill walking away. So atleast where we were, it was not much at all.

Same for the Southern end of the state, it was lacking rut activity, just a couple small short whistles. No chatty Kathy cows, and the one bull I cow chirped at looked my direction, then went back to feeding. I guess I didn't sound like a good time 😁

I was in the uintas this past weekend. Called one bull into 80 yards could not quite get a shot. That bull left and another came into about 200 yards. Both of the bulls were bugling, chuckling, and raking a lot of trees. Neither had any cows with them but there were several around. The next 2 days neither bull was there again. I imagine they are doing a lot of wandering now. Fun times though. Both bulls were solid 5 points.

Last edited:
Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom