Archery Antelope Success!!

J

jwoods

I'm a novice antelope hunter, but I'm pretty sure most goat chasers don't shoot the first antelope past their blind on the first morning. Lucky for me, it was a no brainer, he was just too good for my second antelope. He followed a doe and a fawn right to my blind.

A perfect example that height does not matter all that much. Longest horn was 14 1/8", but good mass all the way to the top! The third mass measurement was over 5"!! Net green score was 81 6/8"

We made two scouting trips from Iowa to Wyoming to scout and set up blinds before the season. I credit our success to the planning before the hunt.

4a96f01015c7954e.jpg

Here's a picture of my hunting partners antelope, his first ever with a bow. Taken from a treestand! A full 1" of ivory tips on each horn. Beautiful!!

4a96f1fb25d0e713.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-09 AT 03:36PM (MST)[p]Congrats to the both of you - and no I don't think I'd have passed those 2 antelopes if I had a gun in my hand:) Those are both really nice - thanks for the story. I'll be headed to WY in about a month and a couple days - can't wait!!!!!

great looking goats. congrats

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

There was only one tree in the entire area, but every time we scouted, we would see at least one buck walk within range of it. After I shot my buck, we wanted to let the area of our blinds 'cool down', so we set up at the treestand and it worked perfectly.

The base and 1st mass measurements of mine were from 7" to 7.5".

Now that is dedication to hunting antelope. Most WY residents won't even drive out thru their area to scout. Congrads on a monster buck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom