Archery...all units a draw?

muleyman

Very Active Member
I've heard that all the units in oregon will go to a draw next year. What do you guys think of this??? I think its GREAT!!! Our deer populations suck and by managing this better we will have better populations in the long run for our kids and grandkids...

ALSO let us start using bait and hounds to hunt the cougers and bears!!!

muleyman

I think it's great too. Should of been done ten years ago. Now if we could only get them to stop the antlerless harvest, the populations might rebound. I also want a statewide forked antler or better instead of the "visible antler" bag over east.

Nope not true. All units? that probably could never happen. I know it won't be next year...You have to remember that the west side is OTC for rifle so shall it be for archery. Better yet, I say shut ALL doe hunting off, rifle and bow.

Someone started the same post a while back, we don't need to re-hash this.

Wouldn't have to go to a draw if we could bait and run dogs, and keep the wolves out of our state. It will come someday when archery is a draw but not in the near future.

WILLAMATERIVEROUTLAW: where did you get the info from? i'm not saying i dont believe you, i'm just wondering is it something that has been made public and i haven't heard, or if there is just a good chance they will be a draw? are any other units on the way to being a draw?

they plan on putting those 3 into a draw. its not official yet.
they need to put the the whole state into a application. so you have t choose where you want to hunt. even if they make the west side into 4 big areas. if you draw a area the tag should only be good for there. that would stop alot of the the west side guys from applying for a east side tag knowing they can still hunt there own back yard if they dont draw. or if they did draw a tag, hunting there own back yard on weekends they dont plan to make the trip over.

this is just my opinion. it seems to be much more popular with the residents if the east side.

Ok Muleyman, ask the same question again in a month and see if the responses change.

>WILLAMATERIVEROUTLAW: where did you
>get the info from?
>i'm not saying i dont
>believe you, i'm just wondering
>is it something that has
>been made public and i
>haven't heard, or if there
>is just a good chance
>they will be a draw?
> are any other
>units on the way to
>being a draw?

it's on the web site.

Archery season changes for 2010

Archery season changes are also proposed for the 2010 season. Currently archery is general season in most units, meaning anyone can purchase a tag, but ODFW will propose controlled archery deer hunts in the Maury, Steens Mtn., and Warner units. A controlled hunt enables ODFW to better control harvest and collect more precise and reliable information about archery hunter pressure and harvest.

If the proposed changes are approved, bow hunters that draw one of these controlled tags would not be able to hunt deer in another unit. Also, archery elk hunting will be limited to hunters with a controlled archery deer tag for the unit.

Any changes to archery hunting will be decided upon during the Oct. 2 Commission meeting in Salem, when 2010 big game regulations are adopted.

When they put the first couple of units on a draw system at that time they mentioned that they might add a few more.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

my 2 cents...same as the last thread on the subject.

there are many many more archery hunters these days and the whole thing needs to go to a draw.

Back
Top Bottom