Archery 2013

B

BrownsandBucks

LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-13 AT 12:18PM (MST)[p]Well Archery season is done and now we wait until rifle opener! I work so much I only got out really once to hunt and 15 min in I drew back on a fantastic 24 to 26 inch 4 point Mule deer. 30 yd shot but both my buddy and I noticed the arrow deflect just before impact causing a forward shoulder shot. Tracked all the way to dark, came back early and was hot on the trail until a heavy rainfall took the trail out. I returned every opportunity looking but am bummed as I never found my deer. I feel it survived as the arrow was only half way in the right shoulder. 28 years of hunting this is my first lost animal and man I feel terrible.

Now the good new is my hunting partners scored an awesome huge cali Blacktail opening day and then this past weekend a 25 inch 4x5 we named Porcini after we took pics of him while mushroom hunting mid summer.
The Blacktail has 13 eye guards and amazing mass, the mule has a cool blade dropper. Another buddy had 2 missed chances at big bucks and I passed an easy shot while searching for my buck. These are all public land OTC tags which makes it almost unbelievable. 2 more weeks of fishing clients then I am taking 4 days off for the rifle season opener! Good luck to all
9533shane.jpg

911gary.jpg

Way to go guys!!! I just did a week on public land in one of the B zones hunting hard and only saw two dink bucks with no shot opportunities. Very disappointed in the deer numbers overall. Not much sign anywhere. Good to see somebody found some.

Brad

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom