apply youth without hunters ed card? Elk or whatever

flyingbrass

where and for what can I apply my 11 year old son for since he hasn't had his hunters ed class yet. Of course we will take it before the actual hunt but can he apply for any LE hunts now? All of instructor led classes are later in the summer/fall that are close to our part of the state. He could do it online now but I'd rather wait til an instructor led class is close.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

He can not apply for anything unless he has hunter safety. and with hunter safety he will not be able to apply for LE hunts till he is 14. just the youth tags and general tags.

Being im a hunter ed instructor you would be crazy to wait entil a classroom course internet is the way to go buy the voucher do the course online and get him in on the hunts he can hunt them as long as he is 12 on or before the hunt he has chosen opening day.

>Being im a hunter ed instructor
>you would be crazy to
>wait entil a classroom course
>internet is the way to
>go buy the voucher do
>the course online and get
>him in on the hunts
>he can hunt them as
>long as he is 12
>on or before the hunt
>he has chosen opening day.
>

I think the man makes a great argument for the on-line course.

thanks for th replies so far.
be sure to list the state you are suggesting
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

>He can not apply for anything
>unless he has hunter safety.
> and with hunter safety
>he will not be able
>to apply for LE hunts
>till he is 14.
>just the youth tags and
>general tags.

There are some of states that kids under 14 can hunt LE hunts. The guy asked "where can he" in the General hunting forum , not "in Utah can he" like I am assuming you are only considering. The General forums cover more than just Utah!
To the original post you can put him in for Arizona now and get his hunt ed if drawn (and/or get him a point now) they do not ask for a # when applying, and not sure if he has to have the hunt ed # to apply in New Mexico but he is old enough to apply for sure.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-10 AT 09:48PM (MST)[p]moosey69,
thanks for the Arizona tip ,I think kids get a cheaper license also. I really hope he can do NM because it's my favorite.
FWIW, I live in Arkansas.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

longshooter, What is the voucher? I've got two kids that need to take the class. I read a little about the online stuff and they make it sound like it takes a lot more time. After that is completed they still have to find a class to go shoot with right?

ELKOHOLIC, The voucher can be baught anywhere licences are sold for 10 bucks it comes with their own customer id # that gets them started on the internet hunter ed program they do the class and then they can call any instructor licenced for internet courses take a writter test the same test they took online and then they can take their shooting test and then recieve their stamp that validates their voucher as a licence for the year they dont half to wait entil a classroom shoot i do singles all the time this time of year to get kids involved in our sport here in st george.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom