Applegate Muzzy

N

Naildriver

I have an idea where i'm going(i think).The hunt is from mid Nov to the 1st week Dec
My question is when does the rut usually peak

Good for you, how many points did it take to draw. I am thinking about trying for that hunt next year.

Thanks
Bill

Mid to late November, heard of some bruiser come out of that hunt last year. 173 isn't too bad. JB

It was an odd year last year. Signs of rut activity were seen just before the season started and I was getting great field reports. I got all excited. By the time the season started it faded away. I kept thinking it would get going anytime and made trips in as often as I could. In the meantime I spent all my money and then some (gas, etc). Finally I dumped a spike and came home. However as soon as I pulled the trigger I knew I had messed up. All the sudden (on the way out) I was seeing rubs and sign that I had not seen before. I sent a guy in to the same spot and he saw a bruiser, then later in the day killed a very nice three point (5 years old).

This year, I may make a trip over early, but I wont get serious until Thanksgiving.

Have fun.

Looking forward to the hunt. I kinda hope i dont draw anothre tag (wy,az ,ca,id still left) so that i can concentrate on this hunt only

Back
Top Bottom