Anyone still after turkeys?

Still hunting them here in CO. They don't seem to be talking too much and aren't interested all that much either. Sort of a late start I think. Then again I could just be that bad on the call box too....

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

I think they're pretty much done with most of it in Western Colorado. On private land (where I can't hunt) I've been seeing mostly single hens in nesting habitat and gobblers bunched up in bachelor groups. Early last week I heard that the gobblers were going nuts off the roost just before sun-up--might try locating them in the dark if they won't talk in the daylight.

I've had my 11 year old twice this week with no success. This is my 1st year hunting turkeys, so we don't know what we are doing. We've still had a good time. We have seen a few hens, but I think the area we are hunting has been pounded by hunters earlier in the year.

I think it was a late start...i got my first turkey this year and they wernt talking alot i got mine on the second day and my brother got em to answer but could never get them to come in

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

I might be able to get my son back out again. Do you think our chances are better calling this late in the season, or should we just try to ambush them?

being i am a rookie and just happened to luck out on mine i would say just locate them and be where they roost in the morning..they go to the same trees to roost

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom