Anyone seen one of these?

nv_hunter

Very Active Member
I found this in a storage unit I bought. Its one piece of stone and is 3/4 of an inch thick, 3 foot long and 16 Inchs wide. The horses are etched into the stone. I thought it was sand blasted but I cant feel any change in texture. Anyone seen one of these or know who made them?

Horses.jpg

Warning1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-11 AT 01:40AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-11 AT 01:39?AM (MST)

Its laser etching .Cool stuff.

I'll give you $100 for it.

It is probably laser etched soapstone.

Very cool regardless.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

Its laser etched. Any photo can be etched with the right laser software combo. I have a laser at work that we do engraving/cutting with all the time. Glass, some stone, wood, leather, pretty much anything that I can get a color change on will work for pictures.

Its tough to say what kind of stone it is from the pic. Black marble or black granite turns out a nice contrast when lazed.
We have had the laser for a few years now, and its still fun to watch and play with. We have engraved things from pocket knives to 4'x8' glass panels.

> I'll give you $100 for
>it.

I'll give you $101 for it.

Pretty cool. I've seen them up in Jackson Hole.

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

I suspect it weighs in around 50#, so shipping it to my house would be unrealistic and it might not arrive intact.

Either way, it is a cool piece of work and would make a great table top.....or?

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom