Anyone know about old saddles?

mtmuley

Long Time Member
I have a Heiser, I think it is a Bob Crosby with a Pelican Horn. Great shape, but I have another I like to ride better. Anyone know the value of this saddle? mtmuley

15 inch ?

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I ride a Heiser that my grandpa owned from the 30s. What size seat is yours? I have been looking for another Heiser to give mine a break. So I am not an expert, but I have seen many Heisers sell in the $300-600 range, for 15+ inch seats in good condition. I know some of the 1800s specials are for sale at $1,000-2,000; not really user saddles, just high priced decor.

Let me know what size and maybe send me a photo if you are thinking of selling.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-09 AT 09:44PM (MST)[p]This saddle is definitely a rider. I used it as a kid until my Dad gave me his saddle. I'm gonna clean it up, it's dusty is all, and I'll take pics. As far as the seat, what is the proper way to measure? mtmuley PS Hard, If you are interested, I'll discount it if you profess your love of the .300 RUM. LOL

To measure it, start at the front of the seat and measure to the front of the cantle (back of the seat). Or you can google measuring a saddle. Let me know what you come up with.

Some sneaky guys measure to the back of the cantle and then have to deal with mad women who buy the saddle as a 16"er when it is only a 15", or so they say....

www.sagebasin.com

What size do you need Packout? Whatever size you need, is what size this one is. Honest!:)

Eel

>Hard, If you are interested,
>I'll discount it if you
>profess your love of the
>.300 RUM. LOL

No thanks, you can keep your poor mans Weatherby. :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

As near as I can tell, it's a 15 inch seat. Packout, still working on pics, had to paint doors this weekend. (And I thought bucking bales was a pain.) I'll keep in touch as I may be lokking to sell the saddle. Hard, I may be poor, but if I wasn't, I'd still take a RUM over a snob rifle. mtmuley

If these chicks can fit, it probably is bigger than a 16 inch.
4a7522992e8c404e.jpg

I have an old calvary saddle if any one is interested......

I think it would fit those two, you may need a smaller cinch to get it on, but it would work.

Is that a pic of BOWHUNTINGWITHARIFLE and her BIG SIS,I always wondered why that extra inch mattered when she complained about that saddle.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom