Anyone kill a toenail crom hiking ?

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I have before but this time they have to remove the new one. It grew into my toe. How is the pain from no toenail ?

Lost my big toe nail last fall tryin to belly kick a lazy mule. He went ninja on me and raised his hind leg and blocked my kick. It's half grown out now. Hurt a bit the first couple weeks, haven't noticed it since. Not exactly your situation. Fun carpenter fact, it takes 180 days for a nail to grow completely out.

I've lost both toe nails and fingernails. They'll deaden it and after that it's pretty tender for a while but not too painful. It's a relief to have it done.

I've lost both toe nails and fingernails. They'll deaden it and after that it's pretty tender for a while but not too painful. It's a relief to have it done.
It is very painful but starting to get better. It needs to grow back for hiking so I will take Biotin to make them grow fast.

One of my foe nails fell off after a hard season of hiking in Wyoming Region G. It grew back with no problems.

Have both Big toenails removed because of ingrowns...the worst part was jamming a needle thru my calloused cow leather skin to deaden them...no problems for the last 3 or 4 years..

The last time I went in for a big toe they deadened it and just removed one edge of the nail and swabbed it with a solution that kills the cells and doesn't allow that part of the nail to grow back. That was about 2 years ago.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom