Anyone have experience with Rossi Leveraction rifles

NMPaul

R92-56018 16ss Rossi r92c 357 mag r92 carbine

I like the idea of a short carbine for a pack under 5 lbs while shed hunting and scouting. Run across pigs, coyotes and other vermin while in the field and not hunting.

Cant believe the $ they are asking for leveractions. To me they are like a $300 gun. Why are they getting $600-1000 for a winchester??

The rossi seems to be halfway reasonable on gunbroker.

Can anyone give me any experience on their quality or any other thing I should know about them????

Maybe some of you east coast guys will have some advice on a lever actions. Dont care about the caliber to much. 30-30, .32, 44 mag, dont really care.

Hoped to find one for less than $400

Rossi's are Cheap.....................Built!

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Henry Big Boy lever action .45 Just ordered one for a friend, It going to be a xmas present from his wife.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Rossi's are Cheap.....................Built!
>
>Wisz was a Hell of a
>Sport this year even if
>He did tell the UDWR
>to F-Off during the Phone
>Call!:D
>15" Bases?
>30" 5ths?
>Missing 450" Bull!
>The next 4 years is Slicks
>Fault,again,GEEZUS!
>GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Bess, they a good gun for the money??

I have a Rossi lever action in 38/357. There is absolutly nothing wrong with them. They are well built and shoot straight.

The Marlin lever actions took a nose dive on quality control after Remington bought them out over a year ago. It seems Remington moved the Marlin plant and stocked it with new workers and the guys used to Marlin quality control have been raising a stink on the new Remlins as they call them. Poor metal finish, rough action and feeding problems. I have even seen photos of one that did not have any rifling in the last 3 inches of the barrel.

Here recently I have been hearing that quality control is improving on the Marlin lever actions. I would not buy one unless I could handle it first and give it a good inspection just in case it is one of the early Remington ones.

Some of the previous Marlin buyers have been buying Rossi and appear to be satisfied with them.

RELH

Well NMPaul!

I just often wondered how ROSSI could COPY-CAT guns such as the Browning Atomatic 22?(Don't remember the model number?)

Slide the Action back on both Guns & tell me which ones is the better built Gun?:D

Ya,I agree you're gonna pay for the Quality!

The only reason I called the ROSSI 'Cheap' was to pull some chains around here!

I personally like the Browning Model # 92 in a 44 Magnum,I doubt they even make these anymore?

Like RELH said,watch the Hell out for the New Remlins,Remington ought to be ashamed of theirselves,I can only Imagine where the workers at that plant came from!

The older Marlins are an OK Lever Action!

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I have an older Marlin 1894 in .44mag. I absolutely love it and wish I had a few more in .357 and .45LC. Great gun!!

I have a Henry in the same caliber but I feel its more of a wall piece. Shoots way high and the sights wont adjust any further. Its way heavy, no easy way to mount a scope and I dont like the magazine tube feed.

No experience with a Rossi.

Paul I have had a Win. 30-30 for too long to remember. Take it with me all the time still off season/backup and scouting. Taken many pigs and deer with it. Got it used cheap (under$100) and like it better than the Marlin I was given. You can find them for a reasonable price still,Marlins too. Just not the new ones,they are all pricey these days. I would like to find a Henry one of these days...

I would look for a used marlin 30-30, they are the cheapest and 30-30's cycle better than pistol rounds. They are nice guns too. Watch pawn shops

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom