Anyone have a f?ke ankle?

feddoc

Long Time Member
Gonna get myself a new ankle next month. I had it scheduled around deer/elk season. Doc says I'll be belly up for a.day or so, then on to a knee crawler device of some sort. My other knee, on the good ankle side, is due for replacement and won't be able to handle the stress of crutches.

Recovery of 8 weks, followed by PT, then normal stuff. Should be ready to go well ahead of late October.

Getting old has become interesting...but it beats he alternative.

Never heard of an ankle replacement. What has happened to your ankle that puts you in this predicament? I hope all goes well...

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

It's all that healthy stuff from my Navy days. I broke it in 75, but didn't find out it was broken until 85. Had 1st surgery in 91, plane wreck in 95, 2nd surgery in 98, found out the first injury caused lack of blood flow = dead bone, 3rd surgery in 03, 4th surgery in 15 and now this one.

If this doesn't work, they will cut it off.

>
>If this doesn't work, they will
>cut it off.

My wife said something like that.
I believe it was "if you don't go to work, I'll cut it off"

I work every day!

Zeke

>
>>
>>If this doesn't work, they will
>>cut it off.
>
>
>My wife said something like that.
>
>I believe it was "if you
>don't go to work, I'll
>cut it off"
>
>I work every day!
>
>Zeke

LMAO!

[font color="blue"]They Shot Him in the Back AKA 'LaVoyed Him'!
[/font]

My wife said "If it doesn't work, you might as well cut it off."

I went to the doctor and got some pills. Whew!

Man....plane crash?? Your ankles been through some sh!t!! Might be best to cut the f'er off.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Dam so bad luck with those ankles, I'd get them replaced too :D
Really hope it all goes well for you though!, Never have heard of an ankle replacement..

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I thought that i had a couple i could spare but i looked where i thought i put them and they're not there. :)

Mine use to roll on me back in my playing days. Not too unusual for me to be on crutches for a few days here and there. Basketball was the worst for frequency of sprains but i boogered up one playing football too, bad enough to miss the following week's game. Now days, i just get the gout in them but i'm on Allopurinol, that helps a lot from getting it.

Wasn't i a big help? lol

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

I gave this fake ankle to NVB once. He put it in his front window.

2585leg.jpg

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I have 14 screws, two 10" stainless plates and a bone graft carved into an ankle in my lower left leg.
Old school stuff... :)

Speak of the Devil. I awoke sometime early this morning with gout, don't know what else it could be, in the heel of my right foot. I medicated it with 100 mg of indomethacin, 2 night time pain pills, and a 10-325 Norco. Just now walking from my bedroom to here, i can hardly put any weight or my foot on the floor, 8-9 of 10 in the pain sliding scale, sucks but been here many times like this before!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-16 AT 08:54PM (MST)[p]Just in case you may have wanted to know;

I slept most all day, a quality use of time. :)

and once fully awoke, i find my foot is back near as good as it gets.

If i had not medicated, like a lot of times back 10-20 years ago, i would not have been able to put my foot a floor let alone walk on it. Days long and the pain gets almost unbearable.

It's the indomethacin that makes the gout go away. The pain meds just keep a guy from pulling his hair out and helps let em sleep.

Feddock, I'm still looking for one of them spare ankels i got someplace around here. Sorry to hijack your thread, feel free to return the favor. ;-)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom