Anyone familiar with.....

R

RJ

The southern part of 41? Specifically east of DV reservation around Sheep Creek? I have the archery buck tag for 40,41 and struck out around Juniper Mt. opening week (didn't want to tag a forked horn). I have never been down to that area but it looks decent on Google Earth. It looks like it opens up the farther East you get but the stuff around Sheep Creek (Sugarloaf) etc looks intriguing.

Thanks!

I've been archery antelope hunting out there. Spent four days last week, only saw one doe Mule Deer. I never went down into the broken canyons. That would be a tough tag to fill.

Sorry not familiar with that specific area, from what it sounds like glass the rim rock from low then stalk from high if you know what I mean. If your tag allows I know north end along the river holds big bucks, use same method but will be tough with a bow. GOOD LUCK!!! Let us know how you do

Careful, the tag you have is for units 41 and 42 and not Unit 40. But since you mentioned Juniper Mtn I assume you already know that since it is in 42. I have the same tag and I was out hunting last week as well from the 15th to 18th. The full moon and heat made it tough, but I did see 14 bucks over those four days. I will be out again this weekend. PM me if you want some more info. It took me a couple of days to find the deer, but they are there! Personally I wouldn't give up on 42 and hunt 41. JMHO.

We hunted around Juniper for 4 days. We really liked the looks of the burn a couple miles south of Trout Creek but all we saw was a couple forked horns after glassing for many hours each day. I made several hunts around the meadows on top but didn't see much deer sign, just elk.

RJ, I have old timer friend hunting the same unit is name Gordon. Drives a blue ford pickup. He should be at south mtn. Camping in is trailer.He should be calling pretty quick, last time I heard from him was 5 days ago. He was after some bucks on a rock rim.I was up there with him last year, didn't kill anything but did see two really nice bucks. Alot bucks we seen over the time I spent there. Good Luck

South Mountain is in 40. I have a tag for 41 and 42 which is south of Juniper Mt. Rd/Mud Flat Rd.

Pretty sure we hunted were at Juniper Mtn. last year. Do you past the elem. school? I will find out when he calls. Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom